Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    None looking to buy..

Real world fuel economy from new GE Jazz

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to buy a new Honda Jazz GE soon with manual transmission... but not sure if I should get the 1.3 or 1.5 version.

I am very interested in hearing about people's experiences with "real world" fuel economy & range in their cars....

I am currently leaning toward the 1.3Ltr as fuel economy is more important to me than performance... (and ADR figures how a significant difference). However, as ADR figures are notoriously inacurate in the real world just wondering if there is actually that much of a difference in real life ?.

Thanks.
    Last edited by makes; 08-02-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    My belief is that if you place importance on acceleration when city driving, you will tend to use more throttle in the 1.3 than in the 1.5, hence causing fuel consumption figures to be very close. For the size of the Jazz, I'd go for the 1.5. Also remember that the 1.3 is also a VTEC engine now, not a fuel-saving i-DSI engine.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    best to get a eg with a b18cr motor
    u can get 700kms out of 38 lts
    or something close to that
    alot better than any jazz fuel economy

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 crv n 06 jazz
    my friend have a 1.3 auto,it said 6.7(from the computer on board) really hopeless in real life performance (come out from junction/stop sign) while i tried the 1.5 (7 from the computer on board)which is ok. In real world it really depends on your driving style. i would agree with Aarong's suggestion 1.5 will be a better choice. If you put the feature side by side the 1.3 won't save you much. even you count the so called fuel save it still not justify 1.3 a better choice.

From my first tank of fuel with the GE8, I only got 360km out of it (mostly city driving). With my Gd1 i can usually get abt 5.5l per 100km. I must say the interior of the GE is much better than the GD model.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    i got GE8 VTI 1.5 auto, and the full tank can run about 450km after 3000km time, and i hope it can do better in future. Don't trust the board computer, it just not quite correct compare to real life.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    yea the computer is a bit off...just got my yellow jazz 3 weeks ago, the first 2 weeks it says 9.7L / 100km so yeah do not 100% trust on the computer, 1.5 is better i agree with what aaronng

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    None looking to buy..
    Thanks for the info & advice guys, it's been very useful... Hopefully fuel economy will improve after the engine has been 'run in' for a while ?.... Even the best figure quoted of 450km from a tank is disappointing. Sounds like 1.5 is the one to go for.
    Last edited by makes; 10-02-2009 at 07:55 AM.

My GE8 goes only max 13+km/L of fuel. Sometimes it falls to 12km or less per litre. Not that great considering that I had and Integra GSR that did 12 (totally stock).

Quote Originally Posted by makes View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am planning to buy a new Honda Jazz GE soon with manual transmission... but not sure if I should get the 1.3 or 1.5 version.

I am very interested in hearing about people's experiences with "real world" fuel economy & range in their cars....

I am currently leaning toward the 1.3Ltr as fuel economy is more important to me than performance... (and ADR figures how a significant difference). However, as ADR figures are notoriously inacurate in the real world just wondering if there is actually that much of a difference in real life ?.

Thanks.
    The manual trans only comes with 1.5 engines, and by the way it costs more than the auto paddle shift... a reversal of the usual where the manual costs less.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by robin silas View Post
    The manual trans only comes with 1.5 engines, and by the way it costs more than the auto paddle shift... a reversal of the usual where the manual costs less.
    That's not true in Australia.

The 1.3 and the 1.5 come in manual or auto. Only the VTi-S Auto comes with paddle shifters.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI auto

Fuel Consumption

I keep careful records of my fuel consumption, always filling to the neck of the screw cap.
    Over the last 17,000kms I average 14.82 kms/litre
    or 6.75 ltrs/100kms. As I wrote before, it takes a tank of gas for the computer to adjust the timing when you go to 98RON and the savings negligible. The engine is set up to run on 91RON.
    My best mileage is 16.46km/lt or 6.08lt/100km.
    My worst is 14.04km/lt or 7.12lt/100km. (aircon running)