Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r

Vibation on take off ~ any common problems

My mum has an 03 Jazz with CVT , when you take off from a stop it has a vibration from the front passenger side,not straight away but its after about 1 second or so, sort of sounds like a brake dragging , only lasts for a second or 2

it only does it from stop , if you slow down to almost stopping and accelerate it doesnt do it , also it doesn't matter if you take off in 1 or 2nd in manual mode

the car only has like 30,xxx kms

any thing i should be looking for before honda rips her off
    Last edited by Jomsy; 09-02-2009 at 10:22 AM. Reason: more details

maybe best to start check your brake pads maybe you might have a rock stuck in between and then go from there.

the cvt shudder during take off is a common problem for the jazz. You can try to fix the problem by changing the cvt oil.

Quote Originally Posted by i-vtec View Post
    maybe best to start check your brake pads maybe you might have a rock stuck in between and then go from there.
    A rock stuck in between pads and disc will not cause any vibration. It'd only have a scraping sound.

Try flushing the CVT oil and replace it with the proper CVT oil and see if that'd fix the shudder.
    Who's your messiah now!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3
    the vibration is caused by the engine mount either loose or cracked which then needs to be replace.. get a mechanic or go to Honda to check it.. its located under your battery stand.
    HONDA GD3

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06' Accord Euro
    looking at getting a jazz pretty soon like in 2 days its a 03 vti with CVT. Always heard good things and bad things about it... but would anyone with almost 100ks on the clock tell me if it has any CVT replacement signs? pretty much afraid of autos as i had an experience of replacing one which cost me $3K and to pump in 3K on a 14K car that would be almost 30% of the car value!!!

last time when my friend had the similar problem was the wheel nuts on his front wheels were lose. so yeah, check those! otherwise i doubt itll be the mounts, 30k on the clock and got cvt f*k means the previous owner must be some kind of racing driver.
    simple - I sell wheels clicly

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    sounds like a good case of cvt shudder, go and get the flush, if you're under warranty still it'll be good news for you, if not I hear they are pretty expensive for a tranny flush using cvt oil, as for a blown/cracked engine mount that will be highly unlikely and cvt shudder is a common problem associated with shudders on a take off from a complete stop, you can check but at 30k's and an 03 model I don't think it'll on it's way out any time soon especially if it's stock and driven by your mom.
    Last edited by shadou; 10-02-2009 at 09:31 AM.
    Why hello there

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by gd1_nz View Post
    the cvt shudder during take off is a common problem for the jazz. You can try to fix the problem by changing the cvt oil.
    correct

Quote Originally Posted by MUGENJ View Post
    the vibration is caused by the engine mount either loose or cracked which then needs to be replace.. get a mechanic or go to Honda to check it.. its located under your battery stand.
    incorrect. if it was another car i might say it was plausible but this is the jazz cvt, which is infamous for start clutch shudder

Quote Originally Posted by shadou View Post
    sounds like a good case of cvt shudder, go and get the flush, if you're under warranty still it'll be good news for you, if not I hear they are pretty expensive for a tranny flush using cvt oil, as for a blown/cracked engine mount that will be highly unlikely and cvt shudder is a common problem associated with shudders on a take off from a complete stop, you can check but at 30k's and an 03 model I don't think it'll on it's way out any time soon especially if it's stock and driven by your mom.
    correct however i'd try your chances with a dealer even if its out of warranty as they have been covering fluid changes etc even out of the warranty period in some cases
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    my old car did the same and after CVT oil change it got better (only very barely noticible and occurs very rarely).

cvt oil change + reset costed me around $150 at dealer. so that's the 1st thing i'd do in your case.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    do customers still come back after getting a flush and still complain ? Just wondering how efficient the cvt oil has eradicated the shudder
    Why hello there

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    it fixes it in most cases
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan