Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Just got off the phone to Honda Australia and the guy I spoke to has heard nothing about the out of warranty fix up.

He put me on hold for 5 mins and seemed to have talked to his other colleges and none of them have any idea about it.

I mean is this thing offical?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    err well if you're getting the start clutch under warranty good on you, but I'm pretty sure Honda Aust. only covers CVT fluid under warranty
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    Went to Eastern Honda today, the guy at the part shop said that depends on your service history there is a warranty which covers 7 yrs on gearbox and 10yrs on engine.
    but the outside service counter had no idea. May write to Honda Aus and see.
    The bottle of CVT oil was $8X for 4L ouch.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by bennib0i View Post
    They are charging me $305 for the flush and 8L of new CVT transmission oil.
    8L ?? I only got one bottle of CVT (4L) , can anyone confirm how much I need?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    really depends how thorough the tech wants to be I suppose, flush is, empty existing old fluids, fill with new fluids, give it a run, drain and then refill.. that's how the CRV diff flush requires.. so each to their own accord I guess.
    the 4l seems more of a refill with CVT
    Why hello there

Quote Originally Posted by shadou View Post
    err well if you're getting the start clutch under warranty good on you, but I'm pretty sure Honda Aust. only covers CVT fluid under warranty
    Im gettin notin under warranty as the car is 4 years old.
    Called Honda Aust and they got no idea about covering the CVT fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by civiceg9 View Post
    Went to Eastern Honda today, the guy at the part shop said that depends on your service history there is a warranty which covers 7 yrs on gearbox and 10yrs on engine.
    but the outside service counter had no idea. May write to Honda Aus and see.
    The bottle of CVT oil was $8X for 4L ouch.
    Hmmm thats interesting...I gave Eastern Honda a call today and spoke to one of their service reps and again he had no idea about the CVT fluid. I mean this seems like a common problem and these people working on the phones really have no idea.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by bennib0i View Post
    Im gettin notin under warranty as the car is 4 years old.
    Called Honda Aust and they got no idea about covering the CVT fluid.

Hmmm thats interesting...I gave Eastern Honda a call today and spoke to one of their service reps and again he had no idea about the CVT fluid. I mean this seems like a common problem and these people working on the phones really have no idea.
    Not too sure, one of the guy in the part department tell me.
    I think I do 10,000kms with the new CVTF then change it again in another 10,000kms. they said the price just went up 10%. may ring Astoria, GW and Yarra see how much are.

Quote Originally Posted by civiceg9 View Post
    they said the price just went up 10%. may ring Astoria, GW and Yarra see how much are.
    Yes I this is correct. The lady said that the price is $390 or about there and when she checked the computer it showed up as $410 or so..she said it was due to the increase price in purchasing the stock from Japan.