Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo the flashy monkey View Post

its like the new gsx600r is LAMS legal at request but what Learner would really go and buy it as a first bike.

i did. but stuff buying a restricted one
    not my first bike though
    Last edited by FASN8U; 18-09-2009 at 11:01 PM.
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Just a question for you guys; why does it matter if the bike gets dropped? I mean does it damage the internal parts or is it just some scratched paint that is a worry?

I'm thinking about spending about 4k on my first bike.. if i pass the pre learner test.
    I dropped my naked bike 6 months ago, it doesn't have any fairings or anything like that to break but to get it back to before crash condition this is the list of repairs, it was only a 10km/h drop as well....

$500 Tank
    $150 Handle bars
    $400 Radiator
    $50 Indicator
    $120 Front brake master cylinder
    $25 Break Leaver
    $400 Headlight and facier
    $50 Radiator cover
    $30 Bar ends
    $50 Grips
    $30 Mirror
    $200 Can

Total around $2000, bikes value $4000, bikes value after crash $3200. If I'd had fairings add another $1000 if its a common $1500 if it needs paint. It adds up really quickly I spent $100 on the bits that needed to be fixed and just ride it with the damage it has. If the bike was worth $10000 it would have been worth around $4000 after the crash.

Cheap bikes have their advantages......

On the limited hornet, why bother when you could just buy the 400?

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I think the CB400 (LAMS) is already a good enough bike, if Honda is going to get the CB600 LAMS approved, they will have to restrict the power on the bike. And if they do indeed do it, it will then be fighting for the same LAMS market with the CB400, variety wise it's a good thing, economics wise, not in Honda's books me thinks.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    cb 400 is an underpowerd chicken chaser like most of the LAMS restricted bikes . seeings as your only on restrictions for 12 months after ur L's i dont think there worth it , if you no how to ride get a good bike that you will keep and not get sick of.
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    Quote Originally Posted by S2kane View Post
    Just asking for some opinions on the CB600 Hornet.. Is the type of bike you would purchase if learner approved?
    With a price of around 12k, Good handling, Suitable for a wider range of riders heights than most LAMS bikes.
    Not to mention better looks and quality over other offerings.
    How would it stack up against its competitors?

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/hon...ornet_2008.php

http://www.hondampe.com.au/repositor.../features.aspx

I'm thinking about getting one anyway. I have my full licence, they are nice bikes. Have the CBR600RR engine.
    .: I Heart Honda :.