Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by H.T View Post
    Not trying to stir the pot here further, but do you really think that the vehicle they used for the tests was plucked from one of the Dealerships?...

Or do you think it was provided after beeing subject to a number of inspections and checked over a number of times to make sure it was perfect prior to being delivered for testing?

I know if I was entering a competition I would ensure that I put my best foot forward...

I could & would love to give a detailed reply to this, but time and space is against me. Long ago I worked at the Head Office of a Company & part of my job was choosing Cars from the compound & preparing them for Press Release
    (Road Tests). There is a certain process we went through & that process would be similar today to what it was then, but no doubt with a few differences. We used to spend about 1 week on a car prior to press release.

As quality control from the manufacturer is far better these days I don't believe there is as great a difference between individual cars these days as there used to be.
    Last edited by buddah51au; 23-02-2009 at 02:36 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by nickxau View Post
    @tim-e - good advice there but unfortunately solicitors aren't on-call for me when I need them (w/o paying a premium at least) coz I'm using up all my lunchtime every single time I go to the dealership.
    You could always book a solicitor to meet you there at a certain time, and book a meeting with the dealer principal, saying at the time that you are bringing the solicitor with you. Not ragging on you at all, but the only problem with the idea is that it'll probably cost a smidgen more to have the solicitor go out of his or her office.

When you've paid over $30K for a car, it's definitely worth the money and effort to have legal representation there.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    As I've said before, the Accord (Euro) has only just been released in Japan; much later than everywhere else because they're using the rest of the world as guinea pigs to sort out the problems. Imagine Honda releasing a flawed car in their home market. The Honda Head Honchos would Have to commit Hara-kiri! Hah!
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    I can't speak for others but i can say that after 4,500km in my CU2 I have no problems whatsoever. I find it to be a great car with unbelievable economy. I personally know of 2 other CU2 owners who are more than happy with their cars.

I can't see how a flawed car could possibly win car of the year. The way they drive the cars during the selection process is way beyond what any sane owner would do to their own cars.

I can't see how you can justify that comment, nor can I understand how such comments are useful on this forum.
    My comment was intended to be taken with a pinch of salt; if you'd noticed my play with alliteration in my last two sentences and my final exultation with exclamation! And it is my impression that you we not going to buy another Honda ever again. I have had five Honda cars so far and I have every intention to have early buyers have all the problems first and wait until the car is properly sorted before I buy one. Realistically, the CU2 is a superb, well featured car that needs some ironing out. And now, if a V6 version is a possibility, then it's icing on the cake.

I like the car: I just want it to be as perfect as the Honda promise.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Dude seriously, i would take legal action or just not go away as the car being resprayed has added to devaluing it come resale time. Don't take this shit from them, as i know for as fact they have lost a previous battle to not replace a brand new car with paint issues to someone i know. The problem is it went all the way to court and honda lost.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux Auto
    I can't speak for others but i can say that after 4,500km in my CU2 I have no problems whatsoever. I find it to be a great car with unbelievable economy. I personally know of 2 other CU2 owners who are more than happy with their cars.

I can't see how a flawed car could possibly win car of the year. The way they drive the cars during the selection process is way beyond what any sane owner would do to their own cars.

I can't see how you can justify that comment, nor can I understand how such comments are useful on this forum.
    Honda themselves have acknowledged that there is a flaw with some CU2's in relation to this so-called "pinging" issue. I have this noise and it is annoying enough that if I had my time again I would have bought a different brand of car. I don't know personally of others with the problem but it's pretty clear from this forum that it is relatively common.

In my opinion a flawed car DID win COTY!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by bk212 View Post
    Honda themselves have acknowledged that there is a flaw with some CU2's in relation to this so-called "pinging" issue. I have this noise and it is annoying enough that if I had my time again I would have bought a different brand of car. I don't know personally of others with the problem but it's pretty clear from this forum that it is relatively common.

In my opinion a flawed car DID win COTY!
    Could you please name a so called perfect car as I don't think there is such a thing, be it a Kia Rio or an F430 ferrari that is well known for catching fire under certain driving conditions.

In the sub 60K area I don't believe anything comes close to a Euro.

By the way, it is not a pinging problem, more likely a timing chain tensioner problem.
    Last edited by buddah51au; 24-02-2009 at 08:24 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux Auto
    By the way, it is not a pinging problem, more likely a timing chain tensioner problem.
    That's why I called it a "so-called" pinging problem. According to Honda it is a "combustion sound" when the piston is on a downstroke.

I never said I could name a perfect car. I was simply responding to your comment that you didn't believe a flawed car could win COTY; I said I think one did (and Honda have agreed there is a problem). I guess it comes down to whether you think this problem is a "flaw" or not.

I agree that the Euro is fantastic value for a sub-$60k car - that's why I bought one. You're lucky your car doesn't have this noise but for those of us that do have it, it is a very real problem.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    *09-CU2-Lux-6MT

Red face

Could you please name a so called perfect car as I don't think there is such a thing, be it a Kia Rio or an F430 ferrari that is well know for catching fire under certain driving conditions.

In the sub 60K area I don't believe anything comes close to a Euro.

Hey Buddah

Look man lets leave it to HA to solve this one.
    You cannot assume its a timing chain issue, Honda have said its a post combustion noise, i have never heard of this term.
    This acceleration rattle, or ping whaever it is happens when the car is under load. My car has the same issue and i can hardle wait for the software fix.
    If it doesnt work then HONDA will hae egg on its face.
    Mate i paid $41,000 i dont want rattles, pinging or any crap like that.
    Especially from a car that was awarded COTY.
    Mate yes i do like the Euro very much but this has taken the gloss of the purchase.....
    I just turn the radio up
    Thanks
    Vid

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    My sympathies to those of you having this so call 'ping' issue. My car doesn't have it and it's done 8000 kms since 8th Jan. It's a great car and I still enjoy driving it very much.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    As i have said previously, Honda Australia's hands are tied until Honda in Japan come up with a fix. Personally I think it would be an annoying problem to have, but it is not a detrimental problem & I have no doubt it will be cured.

There is always a risk involved in buying the first of a new model, and that risk is increased when there is a redesign of the engine as well. Basically the car has 1 problem that effects a percentage of mostly early build models. 1 problem only with a completely new design to me is a good effort. Many cars we buy, regardless of price have flaws and problems that are never rectified in a complete model run.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 EURO CU2 STD
    I've got the pinging issue as well but will just have to wait for the fix.

I'm seriously thinking about dynoing my car before hand though....

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I think it would be interesting to see if the noise showed up under dyno conditions. bonnet up, engine noise and noise from the rollers i believe it could be hard to detect, but definitely worth a try. You would also have a base line figure after say 3 runs.

A repeat dyno (on the same machine) after the fix comes out would be interesting to compare figures, as long as ambient temperature was the same.

My only other thought would be 5000 + km before a dyno run as they can really load up the engine which i would not want to do on a low milage unit.