Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury

Powersteering noise

I've noticed this happen only twice in the last month, when leaving work theres a right turn where i do close to a full lock turn, and I've heard like a high pitch sound, then i straighten up and its all good.

I'm guessing its probably to do with the car being cold and now with the colder weather it doesn't help.

anyone got any ideas or have this problem?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    It sound more like a powersteering pump issue it may be on the way out. do you do alot of full lock turns while the car is still stationary? f this is the case you put alot of stress on the pump which will shortern the life of the power steering pump.

You could try changing your power steering fluid even if it isn't due for a change to see if it will help a little. Just remember to replace the power steering fluid with genuine honda power steering fluid.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by traumatized View Post
    It sound more like a powersteering pump issue it may be on the way out. do you do alot of full lock turns while the car is still stationary? f this is the case you put alot of stress on the pump which will shortern the life of the power steering pump.

You could try changing your power steering fluid even if it isn't due for a change to see if it will help a little. Just remember to replace the power steering fluid with genuine honda power steering fluid.
    I don't normally do full lock turns when the car is stationary, like i said mainly that right turn leaving work. I might change the fluid and see how i go. Thanks.

that noise - a belt slipping. Either power steering or alternator or AC belt.

Why ? Worn belt , or some sort of grease/lubricant causing it to slip. Get it looked at

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    that noise - a belt slipping. Either power steering or alternator or AC belt.

Why ? Worn belt , or some sort of grease/lubricant causing it to slip. Get it looked at
    yep^^^as above.i'd say belt is worn or stretched.you can try a product called belt grip by CRC.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    yes that might be also another reason as stated above, but i would have thought if the belt was worn or stretched then it would happen on almost every corner you take but that is my assumption

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Its definitely not every corner i turn, and when it did happen the other day i tried to get the car to do it again but i couldn't. I'm pretty sure its just when the cars cold and only when its close to full lock on a right turn, small turns dont cause the sound. It doesn't happen everyday either.

So could it still be a belt you guys reckon? or just replace the powersteering fluid like traumatized mentioned before?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    no harm replacing th power steering fluid though, i doesn't cost much if you do it yourself, there is a good how to guide here that guides you through it. max it will cost you is $20

the diy guide isn't for the euro however it is the same concept you need to apply when doing the euro

here is the link: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...power+steering

just remember you need to use genuine honda power steering fluid.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Honda View Post
    Its definitely not every corner i turn, and when it did happen the other day i tried to get the car to do it again but i couldn't. I'm pretty sure its just when the cars cold and only when its close to full lock on a right turn, small turns dont cause the sound. It doesn't happen everyday either.

So could it still be a belt you guys reckon? or just replace the powersteering fluid like traumatized mentioned before?
    Change belt 1st.Changing PS fluid won't fix the problem you're having.When you change belt make sure you check the tensioner.BTW how old is your Euro?

What year modelled euro?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    My 2004 Euro Std 5AT had a squeaking noise when turning the steering wheel quickly whilst manoeuvring slowly. It turned out to be a split power steering high pressure hose. It eventually developed into a noticeable leak of fluid. Honda replaced the hose late last year under warranty and the noise disappeared.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    Could be a common problem among euros....mines started making a noise when turning to the left while stationary.

Its an 06 Luxury euro.....methinks it may be time to change cars.