Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK4

Me and my 98 EK4

Hi OH,

I've always been into cars but the EK4 has been my first Honda. Previous cars were Nissan S13 silvia, R32 gts-t, HR31 gts-x, Commodore VX, Audi A4 1.8T, BMW E36 M3 (in that order).

Bought the EK4 when petrol prices in WA where skyrocketing (nearly $2/L for 98 unleaded) and I needed a zippy daily car for work. Saw a silver 98 EK4 for bit over $10k on carsales and so decided to research and read up some reviews about the car. 160hp for a 1.6L! damn that seemed impressive. Took it for a test drive and was hooked. Glad i chose it over a corolla

After purchasing the car I initially told myself I would keep this car as is and just drive it (unlike my previous cars which were all modified) but after I saw a set of new Drummond Motor Sport coilovers for cheap, I just had to. I had then stumbled across ozhonda forums while googling about suspension setups and to my surprise, unlimited parts new and used to choose from! *uh oh*

I had now decided to modify the car so that it would go half decent on the track while still being my daily.

Few photos so you get the idea. Will update this thread with better ones when I have the opportunity and as more mods take place. If this is meant to be in the build-up subforum instead, can a mod let me know!

Cheers all and keep up the good work.

Tuyen

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    nice niceeeee!
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    nice mate mugen twin loop
    what happened to the m3 ?

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    welcome.

photos of the m3 or it never happened

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK4

Sold the M3 as the VANOS (variable cam timing) unit was starting to get a bit noisier and I knew eventually would require replacement (quoted $3-4k to replace with a low km unit). General maintenance costs of the M3 was a bit too steep for my living too. Engine takes like 7-8L of oil and since I always use fully synth would cost me over $140 on just the motor oil alone every service. Awesome cars though. Strong power and handling is great on the track. Still feels heavy though as opposed to the civic which is like a go-kart.

I enjoy driving the civic more for the short city roads everyday. I can burst around corners and round-a-bouts without stopping Oh I love the DMS coilovers!

Member Array
    Car:
    EKONE
    hey what headers are you using? looks like 5zigen

Member Array
    Car:
    T80
    Welcome to the forums

Yum to the m3 and the new civic! height is really good and I'm loving the rims, and muffler. Get a new intake :P An SRI or CAI can really get it screaming. Also try a front lip out! There's access, or the SiR lip that can be bought at your local honda dealer or the traders on the forums.
    OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

BRING BACK THE SPOTTED THREAD

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK4
    JDM Limit AX 4-2-1 stainless steel header for B16A with decat test pipe.

Mugen intake and SiR lip hopefully soon. I have read about the improvement changing to DC2R shift linkage has so that is on the cards too. Also ASR subframe brace + EK9 rear sway bar kit.

Thanks for your comments

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Welcome!! yeh i have the dc2r shift linkage in my civic also its great but also remember to make the most out of it, get the Energy Suspension bushing kit! lol and yes the asr + ek9 sway bar kit makes quite a bit of difference. Nice daily set up there. hows your coils? havent heard much about them. Australian brand?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic VTi-R
    whoaa nice ek4 ! want your rimzzzzzzz bruh

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Your M3 was a neat piece of work!
    Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Welcome to Ozhonda

Velli noice cars and very nice EK
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!