Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)

Just killed a sportivo!!!!!

Was going home after dinner at doncaster when i realised that this red modded sportivo pulled up next to me.......... trying to get on my nerves...... and i gave him a go at 3rd and just pulled away from him at the freeway. At bulleen exit, he tried again at the traffic light and i just pulled away at second but i have to admit that he was pretty quick. Not sure if a stock R can beat it but mine had extractors and the full exhaust plus various mods as well. Have anyone encountered a sportivo with a stock R b4? Well I read on the forums that some guy lost to a sportivo with his vtir....but this is for you mate and for all the honda gang....... cheers

racing/draggin on open public roads is dangerous and hazardeous to other drivers... but i salute you on the win

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Accord
    Corolla or Camry?

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    would be the corolla, the camry just has a better body kit, pretty sure the engine chassis, etc is the same as the stock camry.

Nice win... but an ITR should rape it... so good win if thats what you did :P

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    havent raced against one yet!! =)
    still waiting...
    but hey..raced the 100Kw model.. pulled away after 40km... =)

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bol
    Corolla or Camry?
    corolla......

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshin
    racing/draggin on open public roads is dangerous and hazardeous to other drivers... but i salute you on the win

Did not want to race him but he just instigated the whole thing....

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIKCVC
    would be the corolla, the camry just has a better body kit, pretty sure the engine chassis, etc is the same as the stock camry.

Nice win... but an ITR should rape it... so good win if thats what you did :P

Thanks mate...... would it make a diff if my girlfriend is not in the car... i mean weight difference of 45kgs

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    i hang on some corolla forum, and some of their sportivo boys say they beat stock dc2r and stock dc5r.. but their car is chipped with uni chip, and some other mods, so i'd say that are fairly quick in hands of good driver

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    hahaha a black one wanted to race me at blackburn rd/doncaster rd junction... i thought

"the copper station is 100 meters in front... not a good idea'

2 gears and 20 seconds later

*red + blue lights*

another 10 seconds later

*A sportivo getting dicked*

i actaully tried to tell him teh cop shop was up the road... but hongkie boy was too busy rev rev rev

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    cant really see a dc2r being beaten (with comparable drivers). they may look the same on paper but the B18C is such a more refined engine. the power band is so much smoother. vtec crossover is much better linked to the gears so as you drop back into the power band on shifts.
    have heard from a number of sportivo owners who say that shifting at redline sees the revsfall back below the crossover point and hence power band.... unless it gets taken past redline or flatshifted you could complain that the gears are too tall but its a 6 speed!
    i guess a bit of tuning could fix these issues fairly easy though.

Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R
    i raced a celica ZR, the 147kw one. on hume highway, east bound in my civic si.
    we raced up to 3rd gear and danm was that a good run!

the whole thing was neck and neck..he didn't pull away..and if he did..u came back up and seriously.....i gotta say that was the best run i ever had...

in saying that, shouldn't the sportivo be heavier ????