Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09' Civic FD2

Paint protection query

Hi guys,

I'll be picking up my new Civic sport Auto in black colour later this afternoon. Obviously I will be doing an extensive inspection of the vehicle before I sign any papers.

One of the extras I purchased was the paint protection, interior protection and nature guard.

Just wondering, is there any way that you can visibly identify whether these have been applied to the car? I don't want to assume that it has been done and later realise that it wasn't. They will most likely give me paper work for the work done, however it would be good to know as a fact.

Cheers.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    what's nature guard?

as for paint protection it usually feels a little smoother to touch after its applied.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

i think paint protection is like another layer of wax or polish.. =S

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    yeah paint protection is a lot smoother to the touch. ucan feel it.. or maybe i was conned into it LOL..

as for leather protection - u can def feel it - slippery and shiny

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    The way you know it has been applied is the ever so slightly lighter weight of your wallet.

If you want protection, go for something like Ozi Cozi clear coat - Nearly 12 months on and my FN2 is devoid of paint chips!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic 06
    I have it on my civic 06 is it ming protection or someother business i rang them and yes they told me they had applied it so i was satisfied

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09' Civic FD2
    Ok so I picked up the car earlier today and you could clearly see the difference. We compared my car with a stock one inside the showroom and the shine with the paint protection is VERY visible.

As black8thgen mentioned the leather seats are slippery and shiny so I was satisfied with that also.

panda[cRx] - nature guard is another layer on top of the paint protection which protects it from bird droppings and other acidic residue which may harm the paint. That didn't cost much so I got a good deal with all three and I think it's definately worth getting.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    the ladysaid that the paint protectionalready prevented that =/... and if it didnt,the warranty would come into playand they would clean it for me free of charge =D

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic FD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    Ok so I picked up the car earlier today and you could clearly see the difference. We compared my car with a stock one inside the showroom and the shine with the paint protection is VERY visible.

As black8thgen mentioned the leather seats are slippery and shiny so I was satisfied with that also.

panda[cRx] - nature guard is another layer on top of the paint protection which protects it from bird droppings and other acidic residue which may harm the paint. That didn't cost much so I got a good deal with all three and I think it's definately worth getting.
    This depends the purpose of your car? will you sell it after 1 or 2 years time?
    Will you used it for at least 7 years or so?

If you are going to sell it after 1 or 2 years to buy this product is useless hence the people that will buy it or the car dealership wont even put an extra penny on your sale price.

however if you gonna keep your car till its fully depreciated then its worth it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09' Civic FD2
    Being first car I was thinking of keeping it for a minimum of 5yrs. Just my opinion but I don't see much point selling it after 1-2 years. You lose money either way.

Those that have the luxury of changing new cars every 1-2 years just have too much money to throw away and the only purpose to satisfy ego. But that's just my opinion.. =)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic FD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    Being first car I was thinking of keeping it for a minimum of 5yrs. Just my opinion but I don't see much point selling it after 1-2 years. You lose money either way.

Those that have the luxury of changing new cars every 1-2 years just have too much money to throw away and the only purpose to satisfy ego. But that's just my opinion.. =)
    yep for minimum five years, the value of that protection adds up, but as far as 1-2 years cars you never know mate, lets just say plenty of people selling their cars as you can see on the adds or dealership.

Newcomer Array
    if you guys want know the truth paint protection is pretty much worthless its doesnt do anything and the detailers i know that apply this stuff laugh at how much they sell these products for. better off maintaining it yourself theres no lazy way out of car matainence