Member Array
    Car:
    s2000

b18b block, b16b head

hey guys/girls..

Ive been tinkering with the idea of turboing my b18b engine, but came across a b16b civic type r head. Firstly, is $1200 abit much for the head ?

Ive tried to research on honda-tech and teamintegra etc regarding a b16b head on a b18b block but most results come up with the usual information about a b16a head.

Is there any advantage in going with the b16b head over the b16a head ? ..

the b16b head includes:intake manifold, throttle body, civic type R cams, Civic type R v-tec solinoid, and type R tougher valve springs and valves

lastly, for all the folk living down here in brisbane, is there anyone you can vouch for you does quality installs of such a conversion.

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    civic type r head and a b16a head the same basic casting. differences are civic type r has sodium filled one piece inlet valves/ double valve springs on both intake and exhaust(normal b16a double on inlet and single on exhaust). civic head is ported from the factory and has bigger cam shafts on inlet and exhaust and a diff inlet manifold to the normal b16a. things like the vtec solonoid and cam pulleys etc are the same.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    $1200 is a decent price for a Civic Type R head.

I've got a B16 head here in brisbane for $500 if you're interested.

I can do the conversion for you as well. PM for more details.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    pm sent barefoot..
    'onnos' in laymens terms, what would the advantages of the b16b head over b16a head be ? more reliability, more power, both, or really nothing to shout about ?

really appreciate the info man

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    double valve springs and the sodium filled valves piece of mind at high rpm. the sodium filled valves better at transfering heat out of the valve and are thinner on the stem where it sits in the port so allows better flow and are one piece so no seperating of valve head from stem at high rpm.ive safely used b16a heads with stock valves and just type r valve springs to 8600 all day everyday with no problem.it depends on what u going to use it for. if u planning on more mods like skunk cams etc down the track then save ur money and just buy a normal b16a head and modify that one down the track.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    once again, thank you..

my plans for the future were to get intake, headers and exhaust. Im not very mechanically inclined, as you probably noticed so the usual bolt ons are the order of the day once I go ahead with the swap.

So practically, whatever head I get, I will not be modifying it all that much in the future.