Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 CR-V Nitehwk IvyLuxury

Unhappy VSA on 07+ Honda CRV

hey guys... this might be a silly question but its been bugging me since i bought the CRV..

WHAT EXACTLY DOES THE VSA DO? lol

coz when i turn it off or have it on and i take the crv for a 'spin' i feel,see,hear no difference whether i have it on or off....

am i missing something here? or is it really just a fancy way of saying the car is safe? lol

cheers
    Z
    "shake well before opening"

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    VSA = vehicle stability assistant system, it helps to stabilize the vehicle during cornering if the vehicle turns more or less than desired. It also assists you in maintaining traction while accelerating on loose or slippery surfaces. It does this by regulating the engine's output, and by selectively applying braking. When VSA activates you may notice that the engine does not respond to the accelerator the same way it normally does. You will also see the VSA activation indicator blink.
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 CR-V Nitehwk IvyLuxury
    Quote Originally Posted by johnprocter View Post
    VSA = vehicle stability assistant system, it helps to stabilize the vehicle during cornering if the vehicle turns more or less than desired. It also assists you in maintaining traction while accelerating on loose or slippery surfaces. It does this by regulating the engine's output, and by selectively applying braking. When VSA activates you may notice that the engine does not respond to the accelerator the same way it normally does. You will also see the VSA activation indicator blink.
    fair enough! that helps heaps! thats for the info!!

so if i turned off the VSA and if the road surface is loose or slippery, would the rear wheels still activate?
    "shake well before opening"

Yes. They would still activate.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRV MY07
    But you may not live to tell the tale....

VSA assists with keeping the vehicle in control and upright (and not on two wheels) type of "out of control" situation. You need to hit some pretty bad driving conditions or being chased by police with 4 stars or more

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 Honda Crv Extra
    has anyone had an issue with the vsa being extremely noisy, my local honda dealer says its nothing to worry about but i know other people with the same car and they dont have any problems even when tested in the same area my crv does it

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX, Legend & Civic racer
    Noisy in what way??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 Honda Crv Extra
    crunchy and grindy when pulling out of a driveway

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX, Legend & Civic racer
    Doesn't sound right. Have you had the rear diff oil changed? When turning the car in a tight circle, like getting into/out of a driveway, old oil allows the diff to make grindy, groaning noises. Apparently the oil change does make a noisy rear diff go quite again.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 Honda Crv Extra
    i had that problem with an older crv and new oil fixed it but this has something to do with the vsa only happens when the vsa is on and going out my driveway on an angle. must just not like the different angle that the wheels are at. had it up on the lift at the local honda dealer and put it in drive and it was really noisy and clunky with the wheels not touching anything
    Last edited by DACRV; 10-06-2011 at 11:32 AM.