Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto

[CU2] Oh god i scratched my car again

oh my god i just scratched my car...again...brand new cu2 only 2 weeks old ><!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this time its not a light graze against my rims...its a 7mm deep and 35cm long graze along the bottom, back, left side skirt. and you guessed it...it was that freakin kerb again!
    this time i was at another car park. notorious for its tiny narrow ramps. i was going down a ramp. i even reversed to give myself more room. went down REALLLL slow and all of a sudden...a heart wrenching "BVVVVRRRRTTTT". i slammed the brakes. got out of the car and cried in disbelief as a huge graze was laid before me and a really thick layer of paint was shaved off like salami and dangling off the side of my car!
    ARGHH!H!!Y(P*

heres some pics...

did someone say "Ouch"?

*a little dog whimpers*

its alot worse than those pics indicate. allow me to demonstrate. please raise both ur pinkys infront of you, and then face the palms together.
    now space them apart roughtly 40cms. thats my scratch length and depth and hieght at its worst end ><

sigh

does anyone know how much its gunna cost me to repair that? its REALLY deep towards the tire end.

my mum suggested i get this putty substance to fill in the deep scratches and this paint to match the car. since its the underside it wont be as bad. any idea where i can get that stuff? shud save me a fortune. i put my life savings into this car. its my first car :S

or does somebody know where i can get it fixed cheaply?
    Last edited by furythree; 01-03-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    The newer hondas seem to have sideskirts which are apart of the body, my gf FD civic has similar damage and think they quoted 800-900ish to fix.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro Lux Sat
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    oh my god i just scratched my car...again...brand new cu2 only 2 weeks old ><!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I feel sorry for you mate.

I scratched my CU2 luxury's boot lid (2 20cm scratches down to the metal) on Friday 13th in January and I was feeling crappy with that. That cost me $330 to fix.

I would say that would cost about $800 - $1000. I wouldn't do anything yourself, let a body panel repairer do that.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux. '09
    does anybody know who would do small touch ups for small scratches and chips?

yeaaa.. u epic failed...
    K-series sQuadron | > B-series sQuadron

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    Yeh the side skirts are attached to the body all the way around the back.
    but i thought that i had the optional side skirts installed. i thought they were seperate. or maybe i dont have them.

i was reading in another thread. somebody knew somewhere u can get scratches fixed cheaply. mines down to the metal. i really dont wanna spend $800 for a scratch. esp since its near the bottom of the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    actually looking at the pictures on the honda website i mite not have the optional side skirt set. which means if i get it, i can cover the scratches and pimp up my body kit!.kill 2 birds with one stone?

any idea waht the price is tho? lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    actually looking at the pictures on the honda website i mite not have the optional side skirt set. which means if i get it, i can cover the scratches and pimp up my body kit!.kill 2 birds with one stone?

any idea waht the price is tho? lol
    You don't have any side skirts.

Side skirts are $635.45 dealer cost price. They do come painted though, and it will cover the scratches.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    You don't have any side skirts.

Side skirts are $635.45 dealer cost price. They do come painted though, and it will cover the scratches.
    woot problem solved lol

...except i just realised its actually DENTED!!!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Just cover up with scratches with touchup paint so it doesn't rust. THen get side skirts. Not much you can do with the dents. You can't pull them out.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    shit that looks bad, hope the repair prices arnet 2 rough on ya