Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    or if u want to put on the offset 35 u ll have to pumped out your rear guard max.
    I went to a 2nd panel beater this morning for a another opinion and he told me it will probably still hit even if they roll the guards and also no guarantee they wont crack the paint. He said if i go a lower offset on the new wheels it will be a better fit and should fit in between the guard.

So the new Ziniks being 35 offset at the rear is actually a good thing cause it should fit, right? cause i should have plenty of room in the arch to fill. If needed i'll get the rear wheels machined to give me a smaller offset.
    Last edited by E_Honda; 19-02-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    with 19x8 offset 35 u should run lower profile tires and just roll in ur rear guards and that should be able to fix the problem cuz u gona have camber rite ? hehe u probably should try -2 degree camber cuz -1 isnt much that should fix ur problem

with paint cracking if you dont have the accident with your car there shouldnt be any issues

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    my new wheels i'm actually going +45 offsets, so going +45 for front and rear should be a better fit and mean i dont need to roll the guards or go crazy with camber. Can't wait to get it all sorted out

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    yup thats correct that fitment will fit no mod required even u can run 0 camber at the rear should b ok

You sure about that? My offset is +47, wheels are 19x8 and tyres are 225/35/19, I have -3degrees camber.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    anything not in the 50's you'd pretty much need to roll yoru guards in 19".

Quote Originally Posted by .QD View Post
    You sure about that? My offset is +47, wheels are 19x8 and tyres are 225/35/19, I have -3degrees camber.
    ROFLMAO!!!

peddars can't do anything for you.... sigh....

who you getting to roll your guards?

Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    yup thats correct that fitment will fit no mod required even u can run 0 camber at the rear should b ok
    rofl 0 camber, no one would ever run 0 camber hahaha...

btw that doesnt sound right, i am running +40 offset and the most he could do with the rear is -1.5deg each side (camber that is) zero finger gap.
    You would most likely need to run similiar to .QD -3deg unless you roll your guards, otherwise you will need to run alot of toe in to make it fit better,

.QD - what was your initial and final setting for Camber + Toe angle for front + rear?
    Last edited by Crapdaz; 23-02-2009 at 06:14 AM.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

dont mean to hijack thread, but didnt feel my question warranted another thread.

if 235's fit flush on a rim, one will assume its 8" wide, now if the offset is + 35/+38 region on a 17" rim, will rolling of guards be required.

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by eg_08_wa View Post
    dont mean to hijack thread, but didnt feel my question warranted another thread.

if 235's fit flush on a rim, one will assume its 8" wide, now if the offset is + 35/+38 region on a 17" rim, will rolling of guards be required.

cheers

Approximation: 8" wide = 203.2mm
    235mm wide tyres = ((Tyre width-RimWidth)/2) = 15.9mm each side the rubber might/mightn't sit flush.

Flush would be on an 8.5" wheel;
    Most jap vs wheels don't come in 8"

How low do you plan on going?

If you want to lower it so it's close to the guards; then yes you will have to roll.
    If you want to have 1" or more from the guards to tyre surface; you might not need to.

Also height you stay @ without scrubbing will depend on the suspension you get; e.g Tein coilovers will maintain height and shock bounce more than so called Ksport coilovers which are too soft.

Hope his helps you.
    vTeK 4-Life!

thx for your reply,

i dont know how low my car will be once its lowered, cuz i bought lowered springs and stock shock. seller said 2.5" so im just going by that...
    hopefully i can lower that low, and get these rims...

also just found out the offset is +35. so if i stretch 215's on them, i shouldnt have to roll the guards then yeah??

once again, thx for info.
    Last edited by eg_08_wa; 11-03-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: more info.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    hmmmm..... hard choice to make....

+35 is an offset you wouldn't like to play around with unless you are sure or have flexible adjustment suspension.

IMO if i were you i'd get the springs on first and see how it is on the stock sussy, with stock wheels. (Note: I don't like using lowering springs + stock shocks as increase wear on the shocks will cause it to leak and fail eventually; If you replace springs you should do shocks as a combo)

But if you have the wheels with tyres already then chuck them on and see how high they are with the stock sussy, then let us know the gap from the tyre surface + guard.

Btw what springs are they? dont tell me king springs (super low or something). <-- if they are they will be too soft

My 2c.
    vTeK 4-Life!

heys crapdaz,

thx for ur replies, they have been very helpful and informative.
    the following is a link to the item im very very interested in:
    rims

as for the suspension, i bought it at a bargin price, with seller saying its jumbo springs on stock shocks lowering the car 2.5"

i guess despite the price, its just not worth it...if one is on a budget?

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by eg_08_wa View Post
    heys crapdaz,

thx for ur replies, they have been very helpful and informative.
    the following is a link to the item im very very interested in:
    rims

as for the suspension, i bought it at a bargin price, with seller saying its jumbo springs on stock shocks lowering the car 2.5"

i guess despite the price, its just not worth it...if one is on a budget?
    No worries.
    sorry buddy i can't see it @ work, will check when i get home.

Any ideas on what brand etc? part no.?
    How much did you pick it up for springs + wheels? PM me if you want to keep it private.

IMO i'd save up for a set of coilovers or spring+shock combo... otherwise for you get a set of shocks to suit. Everything takes time when your a student or on budget from other financial issues.

Cheers,
    Darren
    vTeK 4-Life!