Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12

Are Front and Rear Springs interchangeable?

Quick question. Are the front and rear interchangeable or do they just fit on one side? What happens if the rear springs are put on the front shocks? Will it fit?

No you cant mix match them as far as i know. I did this once and had my mates car sitting on the ground because we put the rear springs on the front!
    Quote Originally Posted by duped View Post
    what's a mugen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    ill wash urs u wash mine?

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    ahh so you mean rear springs are shorter than the front? so is that the way to tell which is for front or rear?

*sigh*

ive already told you. Front = thicker , longer , higher rates than the rear (on EG/EK/DC/ED etc)

You cant fit the rear into the front as as above , it will often sit on the ground.

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    hehe well u know me ben i'm so paranoid about my car! i always baby it!

i know rofl. see u soon

If you have height adustable "coilovers" with equal diameter front and rear springs, then they are most definitely interchangable.
    Last edited by string; 19-02-2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: this will obviously have profound effects on the handling

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude 94 vtec
    def not interchangable. thats y u need to buy 2x front and 2 x rear springs seperate.