Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic

Hot New VTi-R in the Making!!!

I got my Maroon DC2 just last month and i just got my mods in the bag.
    1) Already i have put a Cold Air Intake but i had problem because when i idle the car, it seems to have this harmonic sound in the tubing. Basically, i removed the secondary piping near the resonator box and made it into a Short Intake. Also, i don't know what to expect of the power gains but when i was cruising with the CAI 3-5rpms seems to be more responsive. Im not too sure. ($149 AUS from Ebay)
    2) I got Front and Rear Struts: I removed the stock front strut and when i tried to bolt it on the passenger side dampener, the air conditioner piping got in the way and i was totally 'cut'. Oh well...I doin the rear strut bar this weekend ( i got tips from team-integra on a clean install..'our mod saviour'..yay) (Both for AUS $40 from Ebay)
    3) I got my exhaust also..it the 'Megan GT Muffler'..Man, i got it also today and it was heaps heavy. Basically it looks like the Skyline GT CanonBall Exhaust. The Intake is 3'' but i'm taking to Livo Exhausts. They Quoted me the Hurricane 4-2-1 Extractor, hi-flo CAT and 2.25 piping $900. I'm opting for a 4-1 like the Type R setup, i'll call em up tommorrow...($165 AUS from Ebay)
    4) Short shifter, Type R Shift Knob and Type R Shift Boot Goin on also this weekend ($100 AUS total)

Later Mods:
    Yeah..Just giving the low down on the simple bolt on Mods but at the end of this next month i'm getting my 18'' Gold Zenetti's @ tempetyres for $1600 (BTW, thats a Phone Quote...i'll try to lower it more when i'm there). I'll be most likely sprayin em Dark Gun Metal though...

I'm Dropping it Low Azz ($440@Straight Talk Suspension) and putting the Mugen Front Lip and Side Skirts @ Carmate fitted and installed for like $1600. The Rear Bar is custom at Jetspeed, it will be the 'Rear Pod Extensions' thats about it..

Give me an email jjavillo@bigpond.net for some pictures of the mods...thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    post up some pics of ur car

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    man...
    spend well on yr money
    for those price, u can get more stuff and better for yr car.....

dont 4get the turbo!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    lol...

1) I personally wouldn't trust generic items from Ebay, especially strut bars. If they are poorly designed and manufactured from weak materials, they'll do nothing, and your stock OEM front strut would have been more effective. $40AUS for TWO strut bars = WTF....
    Ebay generic intakes apparently are straight copies of branded items, so theoretically should perform to a certain extent.

2) What's the use of spending over $1500 on a full exhaust when you'll merely be weighing your car down with 18" Tempe specials? You might as well just attach a muffler or axleback setup if you want the zorst note

3) Do note that dropping your Integra "low azz" (using which springs btw?) will merely cause your stock shocks to blow out sooner, requiring additional cost in the near future.

4) $1600 to fit a front lip and side skirts sounds like daylight robbery. In addition, reviews/feedback regarding the establishment you're getting these goods from has been sketchy at best from various forums online....

Best of luck with the mods...
    At least you're reading up on Team Integra.
    Last edited by joneblaze; 22-10-2004 at 11:17 PM.

I wish i could just throw money at my car to make it "low azz" like that....Im finding it hard enough to throw anything at it just to make it work .

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Why all the excitement?

Sounds to me like the usual mods
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Dude, you got problems with the wya you are modding you're car. Using cheap shit for stru bars etc, then going to the other extreme and spending money on the kit etc. Also, if you drop your car too low on stock shocks (440 will only get u springs) then be prepared to fork out for new shocks very soon. You should research a bit more mate, i guess thats why this forum is here... to help you out Oh and welcome to OH

Member Array
    Car:
    ..S2000..
    dude.. y tha F*$% u using generic struts... make it evn worse.. dere 40 bux for a pair.. WTF!! and also u better watch how low u go.. cos if u go too low on standard shocks u gon have issues ur shocks are jus gon shatter as they cannot support it..
    ..VTEC YO!..

pure N/A all the way

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic ek coupe vti
    carmate sucks crappy kits

Man to much negativity.. May be the booze talking but I dont mind his mods to start. Well all accept for the struts.
    Why not drop yo ride. Lowered Tegs look hot. Just keep in mind to leave some $$ left over to handle the problems that seem to dramatically arise once you spend all your money
    I heard carmates worst features are the poor salesmanship and the terrible price? maybe wrong on that though.
    Fark i could go on bet im to drink errm drunk.
    maybe l8ta
    Nite.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    sounds like a show car project.........

gd luck anyways!