Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    09 Mini Cooper, 07 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick108 View Post
    whos to say weather 30k is to early or now.. he maybe heavy footed.. and drives like a maniac.
    well the car only 1yr old, and still got 65% pad at front and 70% at back, is freeway frequently.

well i think i m gonna keep going back to the dealer until they get it fix properly...

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post
    I think we need to stop creating a thread every time something as minor as this happens. Honestly, if you have a good case for it being a design fault then post it up here...
    oh yeah, id heaps rather look at threads of stock civics with hubcaps and massive bodykits and wings. woo.

isnt this a technical forum too? or just a how-to-rice forum?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    i actually do have this problem. my vti has only done less than 25000kms. after my 20k service it did stop squeaking, but the next day, there it was... its a bit irrtating because it is quite loud.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Mini Cooper, 07 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    i actually do have this problem. my vti has only done less than 25000kms. after my 20k service it did stop squeaking, but the next day, there it was... its a bit irrtating because it is quite loud.
    did you report this issue with the dealer? what did you say?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    mine squeaks like a bitch, and did when it was newer too but not so much. at this stage, your discs are too new to machine so honda will not really do anything about it till there is a bit of age, otherwise your brake life will decrease, so i guess you have to deal with it!

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Mini Cooper, 07 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherweeeny View Post
    mine squeaks like a bitch, and did when it was newer too but not so much. at this stage, your discs are too new to machine so honda will not really do anything about it till there is a bit of age, otherwise your brake life will decrease, so i guess you have to deal with it!
    ummm i don't know, already book-in for the check, and see what they can do with it.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    good luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CP2 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by applio View Post
    I hear this squealing when I apply the breaks. It is more like a squealing and grinding noise coming from front wheel. it only happens at really low speeds. and it happen after the car done the 20k service.

i bring the car back to dealer when my 30k service due, and they said it was just dirty, and they just cleaned up for me, and it was just ok until the next day, same noise happen.....

anyone having the same issue?
    Yes...Lots of disc pad squeal:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101015

Has done so since about 500Klms onwards. Now done 13,000Klms.

Dealer has machined discs & changed front pads at 5K extra service (the noise was too great to wait to 10K service).
    Replaced Discs & new pads at 10K service.

Service Dept told us if it happens again then it is not a Honda problem but a driver issue...WTF!

Would love to hear more from you as I suspect it's pads. Or maybe I'll just go & get some Bendix pads & fix it myself.
    Last edited by brokenback; 27-02-2009 at 08:59 PM.