DISCLAIMER: This review is based on my findings and other documentation from the manufacturers website and is solely of my opinion.

CAR TESTED: AUS DC5R, SOCK STANDARD, NO PRIOR MODS.

Look what arrived on my doorstep!

A Typhoon™ Air Intake System Courtesy of Underground Imports

This being my first mod for this car I was quite excited and eagerly opened the packaging....

Not much too the typhoon really...

The provided instructions are clear and easy to understand, it's such an easy mod to fit that even a beginner would find it difficult to get it wrong.
The whole task including removal of the old air box took under 30min to install and....
Volia ready to go.

First Thoughts:
As soon as I turned on the ignition I noticed a greatly increased induction noise (sucking sound)<-- Cool sound , after letting it idle for 5 or so minutes I gave it a little rev and tested the water.
The sound is quite different from the STD air box, it has more of a bass like tone when revving and speaking of which, revving seem to be allot more responsive and stronger.
Just Cruising:
I dove out of the driveway and down the street quite pleasantly surprised how quiet the intake was when cruising.
10 minutes later I arrived at my destination, a quiet, secluded industrial estate
Time to test it proper!
I sat stationary for a bit revving the car hard, just listening to the sweet sound of my engine and intake thinking, why didn't I do this sooner!! It sounds awesome!!
I took off after a small burnout and peaked fist gear, OMG! When vtec engaged I nearly shat my pants!! Shift to 2nd, again vtec x-over is very noticeable; the tone of the intake during vtec is LOUD & OBNOXIOUS and could be likened to a 2-stroke motorcross bike!! I didn't know weather I liked it or not at this stage...but hey you can be the judge of that - here is an audio file with the intake fitted.

Typhoon Mp3, turn your speakers UP! 400k

It's been 24 hours now and I have driven over 280km with the intake on and I could honestly say it gives a noticeable performance increase across the board. This dyno from knfilters.com would be fairly accurate. Dyno Chart

Here's what I think are some of the pro's and con's of this intake.

Pros
Is both loud and quiet depending on how the car is driven.
Up to 10hp gain in performance.
Easy to install/uninstall.
Light weight.
Low cost.

Cons
Very LOUD when in vtec.
Suffers from minor heat soak when car is hot & idle.
You will be tempted to vtec more!

PostScript
All in all I think it's a great mod for anyone who is after raw performance and Db gains with minimal fuss. The only one problem I had was, when I re-attached the negitave terminal to the battery my auto power window had to be recalibrated (wind down and hold for 2sec wind up and hold for 2sec).

Discuss....

Thanks