Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury

Buddyclub N+ whistle sound when hitting small bumps

I've only had the BC N+ in for a few weeks and i'm hearing a brief half a second whistle noise each time i hit small bumps, sounds like its coming from the front left damper. At slow speeds i can't hear it, although from say 60-100Km/hr its noticeable.

I don't know exactly how these dampers work but its like the damper hits the bump and is loosing some gas pressure and therefore giving that whistle sound as the damper compresses from going over a small bump.

Its difficult to explain but i think that gives you guys the picture of what I'm hearing.
    Last edited by E_Honda; 24-02-2009 at 08:15 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    hmm where did u get it installed ? i think u should go back and tell the shop to get it rechecked cuz i havent got any problem with mine

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    hmm where did u get it installed ? i think u should go back and tell the shop to get it rechecked cuz i havent got any problem with mine
    Got them installed at my local wheel and automotive centre, the guys have a good rap. (Wollongong tyres and automotive centre)

I guess i might have to take it to them to have a listen but it sounds like i got a faulty one.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Whistle or more of a thud noise?
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    Whistle or more of a thud noise?
    definitely a whistle, almost like when a person gets winded and the air gets forced out of them, but making a really quick whistle sound

lol its such a weird way to explain it but its the only way that makes any sense

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I get the same sound on my used set of Teins. I reckon it is the oil rushing through the valving.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I get the same sound on my used set of Teins. I reckon it is the oil rushing through the valving.
    Either way, its not a normal functioning sound the dampers should be making. Especially considering mine is only a couple of weeks old and the sound only started yesterday.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    I told JDMyard about the noise and they said the following:

'IT is very normal to hear compression noise out of aftermarket suspension,
    the air/gas is not leaking at all, just that the particular shock is making
    more noise than the other when being compress/rebound.

you do not have to worry a thing unless the shock is not functioning
    properly or leaking.'

So case closed i guess.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    well for my tein mfp i get alot of thudding noises and rattling but thats because of pillowball mount construction and tein's shocks are slightly noisier.

Might just need to get use to.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    Hey all,
    To get rid of some of the noises and feeling the rattles through the car body I have put some 3mm high tensile 'if you call is that' rubber between the top of the pillow mount and the car body. This has quitened things up alot and did not effect the ride or height. You could also spray some sound deadening in the shock well to dampen some of the noises. Cheers.
    Luke

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Honda View Post
    Either way, its not a normal functioning sound the dampers should be making. Especially considering mine is only a couple of weeks old and the sound only started yesterday.
    Actually, coilovers make much more sound compared to standard dampers or even aftermarket dampers. The reason being that the damping on coilovers is much stronger to compensate for the stiffer springs that coilovers tend to have. You can get the sound when new.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Actually, coilovers make much more sound compared to standard dampers or even aftermarket dampers. The reason being that the damping on coilovers is much stronger to compensate for the stiffer springs that coilovers tend to have. You can get the sound when new.
    This is the main reason i went for shocks and springs.I can't stand squeaks and noises in a car.