Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R

TEIN Basic for DC5s Experiances? Opinions?

Hello.

I have been thinking about getting this for abit now. My primary and only use will be just to drive on the street, so confortable ride is impoartant.

I want the adjustable hieght to make my car look nice too.

I thought about getting the Tein super street, or flex with adjustable soft/hard.

Is Tein Basic softer than super street and flex with them adjusted on the softest settings?

I won't be tracking or I don't drive crazy around the street taking corners at hiegh speeds or anything like that, so just a nice firmish confortable ride, and nice ride hieght is what i'm after.

Will TIEN BASIC FIT MY REQUIREMENTS?

Quote Originally Posted by b18c7dc2 View Post
    Hello.

I have been thinking about getting this for abit now. My primary and only use will be just to drive on the street, so confortable ride is impoartant.

I thought about getting the Tein super street, or flex with adjustable soft/hard.

Is Tein Basic softer than super street and flex with them adjusted on the softest settings?

I won't be tracking or I don't drive crazy around the street taking corners at hiegh speeds or anything like that, so just a nice firmish confortable ride, and nice ride hieght is what i'm after.

PERFECT! (can always trust Tien mate and you wont need better then that if you don't track it have fun )
    Sorry officer i didn't hear your sirens over my VTEC

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Hello.

Sounds like you've already sold the product to yourself.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    TYPE S
    I have Tien SS in my Type S and the adjustable setting do certainly come in handy for steet use when you know your going for a long distant drive and you will encounter some **** roads.

Not quite sure how hard the suspension on the basic though.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    What would then differentiate between the SS and the basic?

EDIT: The only difference being that SS is dampener adjustable and BASIC doesn't come with top mounts.
    Last edited by cupnoodle; 24-02-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06' DC5 & 04' CR-V SP
    looking to low my dc5 for the same reason, how much is a set of TEIN basic?
    Kyo.168@ClubITR Luxury Integra (My Car)
    With TypeS Wheels & JDM DC5R Header

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    looking to low my dc5 for the same reason, how much is a set of TEIN basic?
    http://firesport.com.au/otr-big-sale...--ad130684.htm

$1199 from firesport

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by cupnoodle View Post
    What would then differentiate between the SS and the basic?

EDIT: The only difference being that SS is dampener adjustable and BASIC doesn't come with top mounts.
    I also want to know how soft or hard is TEIN BASIC compared to the softest setting on TIEN SS.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I also want to know how soft or hard is TEIN BASIC compared to the softest setting on TIEN SS.
    ME TOO! I'll probably never visit the track and rarely attack the corners are blinding speeds. Can anyone with TEIN BASIC compare the stiffness/comfort to the stock sussy?

I can't justify paying $2k for anything at the moment, let alone an SS.

just some food for thought, i've never used tein basic, BUT, tein basic damper and spring rates might end up being softer than your stock stuff, hence degrading cornering performance and handling.

this is the biggest dilemma i have in buying suspension for a type R. Please ensure u get something thats at least stiffer than what u have from factory.

edit, i strongly believe tein basic will be softer than SS and Flex on softest setting. flex is hella stiff and awesome, SS is good for street and comfortable but will roll like a mofo if presented with a decent corner. basic, well i havent experienced it before.
    Last edited by SiReal; 27-02-2009 at 02:59 PM.