Thread: ek & 17" tyres

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek

ek & 17" tyres

hey guys just pick up a great deal on some tyres and here the deal i was abit effy.. im running on 17" and my car is dump running 205/40/17 on the front and 205/45 in the back full rolled gaurds and my new tyres will be 215/45/17..
    the back would be fine as there alot of room for wider tyres.
    just wonder if anyone try running 215/45 on the fronts and tell me how did it go thanx.
    Last edited by lenz; 25-02-2009 at 04:54 AM.

> just wonder if anyone try running 215/45 on the fronts

Depends on wheel offset and how 'dumped' the suspension is.

I found 225/50R16's mounted on 16x7 rims, 42mm offset, rubbed on my stock EK.

It has been suggested to remove the plastic inner wheel liner to gain some clearance. I don't fancy doing this to mine.

Nick.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    You can always remove the fender lining if it rubs that.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic EK1
    215/45/17 rubbed on my EK on hard turns ie. turning the steering wheel all the way in one direction, i only had my set of eyes to see but not sure if it rubbed guards, but definately on the inside

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Probably the inner wall,just have a look for rub marks with a torch,my 17's when I had them did the same at full lock,15's are SOOOOOO much better.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek
    chuck them tyres on on wed.. turns out good love it the way it sits in the gaurds but as kenske said on hard turn while over little bumps will scrubs i tiny bit just on the outta gaurds only but not inner.. look like i have to turn my ohlins full max stiff

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 Lux
    got 17x7 on my ej, rubbing inner walls, dont notice while driving, although when u look at the inner wall its clearly rubbing, got a mad clean patch lol.
    8===D

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic EK1
    ^ lol. i wouldve kept my 215/45/17 tyres on but didnt wanna risk anything, wanna stay safe, and keep the inner wall all dirty...