Hybrid View

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Jazz VTi-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdam View Post
    haha.. thanks guys.

looking for a mechanic now, to get all that done. :-s

Anybody else owned a cbr and think its way overrated.. LOL
    i know i'm stepping on alot of toes, buuuut .... it really isn't as good as i thought :-P

What is the Reg/rec? < noob here. :-s
    You'll find a bike that you'll really like I think learners bikes are something that you adapt to very quickly and find most of its limits.

reg/rec It's a regulator/rectifier, the thing that is supplied from your alternator to charge your battery. Roughest way to do a check is to put a meter across the battery while the bike is running and pick the revs up and hold it around 3-4000rpm. If it's reading around 13.4V then all is good.

Most Hondas seem to be notorious for frying the reg/rec.

Quote Originally Posted by mekros View Post
    You'll find a bike that you'll really like I think learners bikes are something that you adapt to very quickly and find most of its limits.

reg/rec It's a regulator/rectifier, the thing that is supplied from your alternator to charge your battery. Roughest way to do a check is to put a meter across the battery while the bike is running and pick the revs up and hold it around 3-4000rpm. If it's reading around 13.4V then all is good.

Most Hondas seem to be notorious for frying the reg/rec.
    Noice... I could prob check that myself easily.

LOL... what a tool... as if you'd want to loose the lisence on a cbr.