Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs

Civic EG Turn signals problem and Cluster problem - indicator signal cluster blinkers

EG GL Hatch.

Signals don't work, hazards didn't work at first but then I replaced the hazards fuse and hazards are working.. Turn signals and speedo/RPM aren't working, but all the dash lights and fuel gauge and temp gauge are working.

I can't find any fuses that are specificly for the turn signals.. The actual turn signals don't light up on my cluster either, but all the other things do.. Like the battery light before startup and handbrake light and when your doors are open light! lol.

What could the issue be ? I tryed searching and didn't find anyone with a similar problem.. And if there is, the search system sucks and blocks out alot of the words that I want to use!

Anyway, answers!

Cheers,
    Aytac

EDIT:

Problem has been fixed, read down! I have titled the thread specificly for people to find it in their searches more easier.
    Last edited by tiksie; 25-02-2009 at 04:15 PM.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    b&w eh, blurple ek
    could be a problem with your stalk mate, i had a similar problem in my mazda some time ago, unfortunately the only way to check it is to put another one in. I'm assuming you replaced the fuse under the bonnet, because i can't find any other indicator fuses, someone confirm
    Life is like a box of chocolates
    It doesn't last as long for fat people

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    I highly doubt it would be the stalk.

At first the front right indicator was working fine inside and outside of the car, but the front left indicator was flashing fast and only the the rear left signal and the side marker indicator was working but the front left wasn't but it was also flashing green on the left arrow on the cluster... At that time the hazards weren't working and when I used a spare fuse it blew and that's when the speedo/rpm/indicators stopped working.. But I changed the hazards fuse again and now the hazards are working but everything else still isn't working!

There is no specific fuses for the indicators or cluster.. This is what shits me as I'm sure it's just a fuse..!

Member Array
    Car:
    b&w eh, blurple ek
    did you replace the hazard one in the box under the hood or one inside the car in the fuse box. I blew the inside one once, it's under 'tail light, instrument light and license light 10A', top row, 8th accross counting the two raised onces, just after the blank spot, counting left to right.

When i blew that one nothing on my cluster worked including the indicators and wiper stalks
    Life is like a box of chocolates
    It doesn't last as long for fat people

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Problem fixed.

I couldn't find anything on the internet so I just had to do abit of trial and error work..

It was 2 problems!

First problem was the actual bulb in the front left signal.. Bulb seemed fine but obviously wasn't so I changed that which was weird because when I used the hazards, the bulb worked fine, but when I signalled left, it blinked very fast and the front left signal wasn't even working!

That was the whole problem with it not working, just a bulb... And I stripped the splash guard and loosened the front left of the front bar so I can get to the wiring to see what the hell was going on!

Other problem with my speedo/RPM/signals not working was the bloody 10A fuse 'tail light, instrument light and license light'!!!!!!!! Weird thing is, I had already checked it out and it was ok when it wasn't working.. So I checked it out after doing alot of troubleshooting and it was blown! So weird.. When I fixed that the front left bulb wasn't working so I cleaned the earths and now everything is working fine..

Changed front left bulb and cleaned earths so it can actually work and not flicker fast from the cluster

Changed 10A fuse under steering wheel 'tail light, instrument light and license light' to allow the speedo/rpm/signals to work!

Changed the hazards fuse in engine bay fuse box for the hazards to work as I blew a few of them for some reason and finally now it is working without blowing!

I was hoping it wasn't any loose wiring and/or the harness from the stalk! And lucky in my case it was just a few fuses and a few bulbs to fix it.. But damn was it a bitch to figure out as I had tryed the basics first and nothing worked.. Then when I tryed the basics a 2nd time it all worked!

Thanks for trying to help out Boban

Oh by the way, there is NO fuse for the hazards inside the car! It's only in the fusebox in the engine bay.. Unless its named under something else!

That one fuse which was only got to do with interior light and cluster light actually caused the whole problem of speedo not working, RPM not working, cluster signals not working, ACTUAL signals not working..Honda should be more accurate with their fuse boxes!

Cheers,
    Aytac