Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda jazz vti-s

jazz vti-s accelleration

hey has anyone knowtised that on take off the accelleration is very weak and a little bit slow in responce? and its a vtec 1.5 stock.. any ideas on how to make the acceleration better????

Member Array
    Car:
    mini, nsx, z4m
    Quote Originally Posted by bestjazz101 View Post
    hey has anyone knowtised that on take off the accelleration is very weak and a little bit slow in responce? and its a vtec 1.5 stock.. any ideas on how to make the acceleration better????
    1. change to after market intake/clutch/flywheel
    2. add turbo kit
    3. Sorry but have to say, improve your take off skill

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi
    Well, it isn't a muscle car... I have had no probs with mine. Is yours manual or auto? GD or GE? If it is new, it takes a while for the clutch to bed in and I found take-offs difficult for the first few days - then the clutch take-up was noticeably more progressive.

The easiest way to make the acceleration noticeably better is to buy a more powerful car, or turbocharge this one. I don't think you'll find anything on the market in this size and price range with better straight line performance.

Is yours perhaps a CVT? try shifting manually and see what happens.
    Last edited by rossw; 26-02-2009 at 08:41 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport
    put the pedal to the metal hahaha

get a Pulley .... You feel the car responce a lot better.

on mine i have Summit Pulley...

and you can also get a SRI or CAI.... but some SRI, CAI are not better then the stock filter... just have to do a bit of research lar...

good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    pulley is not good for stock engine.. in long run aniway...

either its balanced or not.. still do the same damage
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Member Array
    Car:
    Its a Subaru !
    lol its a jazz dude

what u expect out of a 1.5ltr engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by spastic View Post
    lol its a jazz dude

what u expect out of a 1.5ltr engine.
    +1'
    jazz is not for power unless u willing to spend big $ to do K-series engine conversion or turbo kit.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    if its a cvt it sounds like normal operation. they dont perform and shift like a standard auto
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CXI stock but riced
    wud jazz be slower or faster than like a CXI or GLI, definitely saves more fuel. I can only get about 400kms (up until the light goes orange) driving normally from 1 tank in traffic with about 30kmh.
    Mehhh!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    NOT true the Jazz/Fit is NOT part of the balanced engine components package. It is JUST A PULLEY NOT a harmonic balancer like on some other cars. It has nothing to do with the engine balance. There is NO PROBLEM installing a aftermarket pulley on the Jazz/Fit engine they work just fine.
    den i got a mixed .. scratch head
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda jazz vti-s
    yeah mite have to invest in a pulley or a turbo kit..its CVT 07 vtis with 17 inch rimz and lowered with king springs...these springs are daymm bumpy on the stock shocks... in thinking of changing back to 15inch and stock springs...but ive had the kings on for about 8 months do u think my shocks will be the same as when i bought it when i put back the stock springs? mmmmm also changing the pistons and putting a NOS kit in 2 weeks bought the kit n all :P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi
    yeah mite have to invest in a pulley or a turbo kit..its CVT 07 vtis with 17 inch rimz and lowered with king springs...these springs are daymm bumpy on the stock shocks... in thinking of changing back to 15inch and stock springs...but ive had the kings on for about 8 months do u think my shocks will be the same as when i bought it when i put back the stock springs? mmmmm also changing the pistons and putting a NOS kit in 2 weeks bought the kit n all :P
    Stock shocks and lowered springs is not a good combination. You've probably been bottoming them out.

17 inch rims might be good for bling and steering response but might hurt your takeoff if they are heavier than the stock ones. Turning four heavier wheels is a lot more noticeable to the engine than the same amount of mass added to the car. It's like having four extra flywheels.

If you are a TopGear fan, you will have seen the episode where they had to take an ordinary car and make it's laptimes match an Evo X.

When they put the bigger wheels and brakes on, their laptime increased...

NOs kit will make anything faster, just will get you defected if the bottle is connected.