Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    hey andy

nah offense taken man i know u mean well, otherwise u would encourage me to get SSAUTOCHROME yeh|?

i dunno, i hope i get it right, and in any case i know a dependable mechanic friend hwo can fix it up for me if nething blows... my plan i sbasically not to run any boost until i get all the parts together and bring it to somewhere where i can tune ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    which turbo did you end up getting man? I hope its not one of the eBay specials!

Research, research and mroe research is what you need...put that effort in and soon you'll be looking at things like Uberdata as doable instead of complicated and above your head. The only way to do a cheap setup (other than a cheap Greddy kit) is to know your stuff and put it together yourself.

As for the Hondata question, you looked at the US site and saw US prices. Here, when i priced Hondata for OBD2 i was looking at well over 2k for it. The uberdata solution complete with ECU, chip burner, wideband etc came in at less than half what Hondata would have cost. Granted that isnt the best way for everyone to go but really it just takes the effort to learn how it works and then it becomes a viable solution.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK (sold!)
    Ghost, where are you located? If you're in Sydney, try a place called UniGroup, they're over in Girraween (near Blacktown). These guys a really good. The guys there are uni graduates with a mechanical engineering degree (I went to uni with them ), so they know what they are talking about and the dyno guy, Yavus, worked at Dyno Dynamics.

Anyway, they have an aftermarket ECU called TSI. It's very good (got it in my car) and is designed and made specifically for your car. To install and dyno tune it costs about $1000-$1500, drive in drive out.

Check them out at:

www.unigroup.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    i'm TRYING to understand uberdata hahaha... its completely bs, i have no idea wtf they are talking about, although i'm not worried about the soldering as my cousin is a computer science/communications engineering graduate and 9/10 of his assignments involve soldering of some sort.. just need to find him a good online tutorial withall the pictures

btw on the question fo uberdata, AFTER i solder in the chip/resistors/etc for the uberdata, and i do the conversion harness from obd2 to obd1, how do i connect the ecu to computer/laptop to tune? thats the part when i start getting lost in a world of "base maps" and "map hikes" and other terms that mean shit to me ^_0

What people dont realise is before you turbo your NA car, you need to make sure your pockets are full, your bank accounts are full, and your cars paid off, and you paid every single bill you have on your fridge. coz it'll cost you the same amount your cars worth now =p
    Turbo-ing NA can be a simple setup at first, simple stock internals, etc. but later on you know you'll have to replace other things, i.e. fuel pump, internals, etc, before it all falls apart. your NA wasnte designed to run forced induction.

To sum up your question but, no one will set up your turbo for 2 grand, not even if you were a mechanic yourself and did it, 2 grand would cover your parts if you're lucky.

But i can get you a drive in drive out job, no stuffing around, full turbo setup, for 7.5 grand, good job. My cars been fine so far, and so's the other 5 hondas i've seen been done there.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Civic Turbo
    bro i reccon just get all of the hardwear necessary - without management.
    get it all over bolt it all up. And then go to the microtec Website order a Lt8 directly from them which is like $1100 and then go to a shop and get them to finish the job off for ya!