Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    thanks guys... neone tune emanage in melbourne? i heard its hard to tune

also if i buy emanage, do i just need the mian unit? or do i need igntiion harness, etc etc as well

Member Array
    Car:
    EK (sold!)
    $2000 will only get you the turbo, manifold and if you're lucky, the fuel pump. Listen to what the other guys say, don't cut corners, you'll regret it later.

All the best with the conversion mate If done right, you'll love it!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    really? I genuinely dont understand y u guys say its so expensive! : ) i mean i respect your opinoins and all cos obviously u have all done it before... but......

I mean i'm not going for a NEW turbo, nor am i going for high boost... i mean for around 3000 bucks i can get a full kit form Greddy... so 2000 for a not-as-good-as Greddy sounds reasonable to me... ?!!?

I dont know if u gusy have considered i'm going to stick religiously to 6psi... and my car is relatively new (120,000kms) and has not been driven hard...

Ah well... i'm going to try it... hope nothing blows up lol..

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost**
    thanks guys... neone tune emanage in melbourne? i heard its hard to tune

also if i buy emanage, do i just need the mian unit? or do i need igntiion harness, etc etc as well
    Regarding the E-manage,
    You need more than just the main unit...
    You'll need the main unit $550 + optional injection harness + optional ignition harness... Both aditional harnesses are at extra cost.
    Alternativly, there is also a plug-in loom available with the ignition & fuel wiring already done... In fact we've probably got one in stock.
    To tune it you need the support tool... It's very easy to use & tune.

Regarding your turbo kit...
    Um... Good luck... I hope it works out for you...
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    thanks for the reply guys

hahahaha all of u are scaring me now... i can see all of u's in the background holding fire extinguishers and wearing full anti-hazard suits waiting for my engine to blow : )

ah well, i'll keep asking around till i find some sort of satisfactory solution.

but seroiusly Imasy4u, $6000? for just manifold and turbo? i'm not getting a garret GT25R man... i'm still learning but i'm pretty sure Greddy Kits are reliable and complete and only go for arounmd 3000 for a B series

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Greddy kits are reliable & relativly complete...
    However, no offence but you're off in "Fairy land" as far as pricing goes...

US$3,149.00 list price is kinda more than the $3000 you seem to think the kit costs....
    Do the maths... That's AU$4,245.95 at today's exchange rate...
    Plus, at this point, the kit is still in the US...
    Add airfreight & your taxes you're heading for over AU$5200
    Bare in mind the kit is 280,000yen in Japan...
    That's still $3500AU to have hold & own in Japan...
    Add airfreight & your taxes you're heading for over AU$4500
    Strangley... That's what the retail price is here in Aust...
    Further, if you want a Greddy intercooler with one of these kits, that's extra too...
    But then you'd know that had you actually been in contact with the local TRUST dealer...
    Hmmm
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    hahaha *owned* by Mr Toda : P

nah i was asking y everyone was saying 5-6k etc etc for ALL hondas when a Greddy for D-series come way way way cheaper?

sigh... i guess i have to give up smoking save some money... i was considering SSAUTOCHROME products, but drove to my fds house to look at his manifold **shivers*** no thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    regarding he e-manage, if u go a kit, they come with the injector harness, and a 'pirate' ignition harness (3 wires on out dizzy'd 4cyl honda) will set u back another ~25. support tool is had for free, and a clone cable is had for ~50aud. reference: e-manage yahoo! e-group.

my advice, if u wanna go DIY or whatever, check out other ppls setups. honda-tech has 100's of turbo b's going round. see what setups people use and have sucess, and see what setups people are running who have blown/destroyed parts.

in the end though, b's demand more money then d's. my advice - swap out the B for a D, and turbo it )
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    lol... so [EOI] B16A? hahahahahhahahah

man turbo-ing is so so complicated...

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    its not complicated you just need money, and lots of it ! period.

Regards James

A.K.A VTI60Y Array
    Car:
    RUSTED Sleeper
    mate what ive realise is you pay for what you get. save and spend the extra money to do it properly
    KK24AA

Member Array
    Car:
    EK (sold!)
    Ghost, $6K is basically the price for a turbo setup that you install yourself, have someone do the exhaust and cooler piping and have an ECU installed and dyno tuned.

6psi may not sound like much, but without the right fuelling system and management it may mean you're engine will be gone in a month or two time.

Like what Toda said, the greddy kits are US$3K so it'll end up costing about the same as what we've said. But the greddy kit doesn't come with cooler and full exhaust (I think), just a dump pipe. And I think it only comes with a micro fueller not a progamable ECU (not too sure on this, sorry if I'm wrong ).

Like I said before, do it right the first time and you'll reap the benefits....do it worng and it'll end up costing more.

Sorry if I'm scaring you , just trying to help a fellow owner