Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 95 Accord body

Array
    Car:
    1995 Honda Accord VTI-S

95 Accord body

my accord came with a (im guessing) factory side body part, sorry dont know wat it is called ahaha but i got a picture,,

its the strip on the side (ugly looking thing IMO), looks like someone got a long piece of wood and painted it white and stuck it on the side of the car where the doors are. Has anyone ever tried removing this, if so, can u give me suggestions of how to go about this? thanks
    Last edited by yiannix; 26-02-2009 at 11:54 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    mate i dunno what you'd call it, maybe a side strip along the centre of the doors?
    I wouldn't mess with it unless your prepared to fix it, being a 1995 car i can forsee two problems-
    1) when u take it off, it'll prob crack in places and you will have some sections where is is still there and others where its completely removed (i dont think it'd be an easy case to remove)
    2) when u take it off, you'll need to fix it and paint it again. I don't think it'll look any better when your done with it mate.

IMO you should be happy it matches the body colour, and is not black like some cd5's.
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Array
    Car:
    1995 Honda Accord VTI-S
    yeahh im guessing its somehow screwed onto the door frame,and would leave holes behind...ahh well guess ill have to start liking it then haha, sorry im very obsessive with small details like that, just thought it would look alot cleaner (if it were easy to remove) without it. maybe someone else could shed some light on this thanks anyways fat vti

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 Honda Accord VTi-S
    I genuinely like the look of my accord, which is also a 1995 VTi-S...which I got yesterday. =D
    Still deciding/budgeting (lol) how much money I want to "invest" into it eg. interior or exterior first etc etc
    It's my first car so I'm pretty excited about it!

Array
    Car:
    1995 Honda Accord VTI-S
    dont get me wrong i love how it looks for a 95 car, its beautifully designed. The only thing ive done to my interior is the sound system, havent touched anything else, and since yours is vti-s im guessing its got some leather just like ive got =] so theres nothing really that u need to do the interior unless u wanna re-do the leather, gonna cost couple thousand. otherwise its just other small stuff u can do that wont cost much, its the exterior that ull spend like wild, e.g headlights, rims, body things like that but good luck and you have chosen a nice car IMO

p.s, post some pics !!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 euro 07
    Hey yiannix, theyre called trims. And yes you have to take the inside door trims off first to get to the trims on the outside, They are being held on by clips, not bolts. I wouldnt take them off as you will leave 4 -5 holes on each door, If you still persist on taking them off, I would suggest you get those holes welded and each door re-sprayed, though with the price of spraying EACH door just to cover few tiny holes.. I wouldnt bother, besides those trims on your car look nice as they are color coded. Color coded trims look better than just normal standard black trims.

If you like my post, give me a PQ point!
    Last edited by xcwizit; 28-02-2009 at 08:50 AM. Reason: spelling error

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 euro 07
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite View Post
    I genuinely like the look of my accord, which is also a 1995 VTi-S...which I got yesterday. =D
    Still deciding/budgeting (lol) how much money I want to "invest" into it eg. interior or exterior first etc etc
    It's my first car so I'm pretty excited about it!
    Congrats mate, share yours specs, price and photos please!! Welcome to the land of Honda talk = OZHONDA~!

Array
    Car:
    1995 Honda Accord VTI-S
    yeah it seems too much piss farting around, youve changed my mind now hehe, and yeah Elite show us some details please !!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 Honda Accord VTi-S
    haha thanks for the warm welcome guys! yeh probs tomorrow ill get some pics cos i have a party tonight =)
    Altho for now its plain stock, ive got a few plans for the future (body kit perhaps???), just gonna check the status of the good ol' bank balance haha

Array
    Car:
    1995 Honda Accord VTI-S
    hahaha no worries mate,, yeah all good..all takes time =]

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord VTi
    I was just wondering, does VTi-S get colour coded side strip as standard? Cuz mine is black and it's VTi. I was thinking of colour coding it as well, looks much better that way. Does anyone know how much that would cost?

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    Yeah mate, im pretty sure it was standard on vti-s, i havent seen a vti-s without it, but im sure if i say this some1 will jump the gun and say it was an option on vti and exi but yeah.
    How much would it cost....hmmm, i'm guessing they'd have to mask the rest and paint them on the car i'd guess, and to get a good finish may be a bit hard, but i can't see it being too expensive, should go and get a quote...i'm sure a few ppl might be interested in it.
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....