Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

I started to get sick of having to pull up the handbrake like 20 click before it would stop the car rolling so I got around to doing this today!

This is for a EG 4 door....not sure if hatch is the same

Make sure the car is on level ground, in gear and also place a brick behind two of the wheels just to make sure the car won't roll while the handbrake is down.

Aim: Tighten handbrake due to cable stretching.

Required: Phillips head screwdriver, 12mm spanner or pliers, small flat head scredriver.

Steps:

1. Take out the rear ashtray

2. Flip out the plastic cover (using a small flat head screwdriver) that is located under the handbrake

3. Unscrew the two phillips head screws and take them out. (see in the pic below taken out and on the drivers seat)

4. Put the handbrake down, and slide the plastic covering up and forwards so that it comes clear. Make sure the two clips (see pic below i'm poiinting to it with the screwdriver) are out from under the metal bracket before trying to remove the plastic cover.

5. Sitting on the back seat, use your spanner / pliers to tighten turn the nut in order to stiffen the handbrake. Turning clockwise will tighten it, counter clockwise will loosen it.

6. Once it is nice and tight (maybe pull the handbrake so you have it to the settting you want), pull the handbrake up and slide the plastic cover back on.

7. Make sure those plastic clips at the back are under the metal bracket.

8. Replace x2 scres and plastic cover

9. Replace rear ashtray.

All done!