Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ^^v View Post
    man... its good that they finally got a major sponsor..
    but rumor has it that branson wants to rename the team to 'virgin'...
    fkn.... i dun like that c**t lols....
    Call the team "Virgin Brawn" aheahehaehaheahaeheheah
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Call the team "Virgin Brawn" aheahehaehaheahaeheheah
    lol... i was thinkin that could be a possibility..
    but it just sounds so wrong lol...

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...28091449.shtml

Mere weeks after rising from Honda's ashes as 'Brawn GP', the Brackley-based team could be set for yet another name change.

Following the eleventh-hour sponsorship deal with the Virgin brand, Sir Richard Branson in Melbourne admitted his company might take over the name of the Mercedes-powered team.

The British billionaire told selected journalists at Albert Park that Saturday's announcement was just the first part of the new Brawn collaboration.

"I think, even in the next three to four weeks, we would all like to see this develop into a more complete relationship. We will have to see," Branson said.

The first step - perhaps after next weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix - will be obtaining permission for a substantially new livery, after a few Virgin logos were hurriedly added to the white and yellow BGP 001 for Saturday's running.

Slightly beyond that, applications for a name change - requiring the agreement of all the teams - are likely, and it is rumoured that some equity may also change hands.

Asked about the possibility of the 'Brawn' team becoming 'Virgin', Branson said: "It is certainly possible.
    "

"I don't think the team want to have the name not promoting anything, everybody knows it has a great engineer (Ross Brawn) so there is not the need for it to be named after an engineer."

"That (the name) may well change, but we have to see what happens," said Branson, who may attend a few more races this season.

In the past, Virgin has been courted vigorously by F1 figures including Adrian Reynard and Eddie Jordan, so Branson was visibly delighted with his timing when Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello dominated qualifying on Saturday.

"I'm a lucky bastard!" he grinned in conversation with the British broadcaster BBC.
    Ross isnt just some engineer... hes one of the most successful Technical Directors in the history of the sport...
    i wouldnt mind Brawn Gp developing and establishing it self as a pure racing team.... such as Williams and Mclaren... both named after their founders...
    imo i can see Virgin quiting if the team ever fail to produce a front running car...
    Last edited by ^^v; 28-03-2009 at 07:48 PM.

richard branson is living the life
    such a lucky guy
    started when he was 16 selling records out of teh boot of his car
    and how hes a fkn billionaire, hes been knighted, hes got his own airline, credit card, phone company, and even gym now, and now race team? and the hottest chicks
    haha
    being rich owns lol
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz Vti-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Cvik_ryda View Post
    i take it all back i slapped myself 3 times today for underrated Butty lol
    as you should, and now repeat after me... hamilton sucks hamilton sucks hamitlon sucks and he is the overrated pom.
    Jazz Demon 666

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by gmonkey View Post
    as you should, and now repeat after me... hamilton sucks hamilton sucks hamitlon sucks and he is the overrated pom.
    hamilton sucks hamilton sucks hamitlon sucks and he is the overrated pom

barrichello to win it today!
    ... if not... raikkonen!

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    old skool ftw!

if only honda stayed for this race, but oh well prolly wouldnt have had this result so far if they stayed.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz Vti-S
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT View Post
    old skool ftw!

if only honda stayed for this race, but oh well prolly wouldnt have had this result so far if they stayed.
    well the car was designed to be honda originally, and the honda engine is still kick arse and the biggest thing that has put honda to the front of the grid is its aero package... so it coulda ended up the same..
    Jazz Demon 666

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz Vti-S
    Quote Originally Posted by pr0digy View Post
    hamilton sucks hamilton sucks hamitlon sucks and he is the overrated pom

barrichello to win it today!
    ... if not... raikkonen!
    what about button...?

id rather see rosberg win than kimi, im sick of ferrari always winning lol aslong as mclaren get no points i am happy but
    Jazz Demon 666

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Damn,gotta work,missing the F1

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz Vti-S
    unlucky... just watch the highlights tonight i guess
    Jazz Demon 666

Member Array
    Car: