Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1994 honda civic eg turbo
    revjunkie tony with the white fc rx7 is my uncle, and i will vouch for his monster hahah i love it its such a pig but fuk it moves... awsome car he didnt tell me he got flagged for noise

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    Quote Originally Posted by 85URK View Post
    that starlet was balls out quick, i liked it. sounded like the waste gate was fluttering open down the main straight though on full boost? did anybody else hear that?
    yeah everytime it came flying down under the jaguar bridge into the dip i thought it was gonna launch into the air haha.

yeah i thought it sounded funny everytime it was on full noise. . . didnt know what it was though

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    So, looking to track my car in next month or so and have lined up a 1100km drive to Wakefield. My reasoning is that 1. It's more of a benchmark for my car (and driving ability) as mags test there and a huge range of vehicles have run there, 2. It's cooler, 3. the average speed is lower and therefore a less risky day in my daily drive, 4. The run-off areas are better - no walls really and less punishment for a rush of blood or temporary loss of skill, 5. Less likely to rain on a track day and 6. Lots of Hondas have run there...

Now, happy for someone to talk me into Lakeside as it's a hang of a lot closer and I have relatives who live 3 minutes from the track! If not, March 26, Wakie, here come my EG B18CR...

By the way, need some semis for the front!

Brakes and clutch to be changed in next 2 weeks!
    iijjee
    Turbos Torque... VTEC Speaks!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    What times did the H cars run?
    iijjee

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    What? Why? Why not go to QR??? (Queensland raceway)

yeah QR is flat track no twisty hill sections, plenty of areas to run ya car for beginners. stuff driving 1100km for 1 days racing and if somehting goes wrong u gotta get it home, id rather have to tow it from QR then wakefield lol also lakeside it a good track aswell, lots of guys that are biginners there last sunday, i knew a few actually. do be afraid to try these qld tracks, just dont push your car to its absolute limits until u are comfortable with the car and your own driving abilities, its all in the name of fun, just adhere to the rules and u will be ok. stick left etc if u are slower and let other cars pass run the race at your own pace.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yeh man QR is awesome,I live on the goldy too and just had my 1st track day there a month ago,soooooo much FUN!!!

Sliding off the track at 130 km/h = AWESOMENESS!!! lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    I've tracked my car at Manfield in NZ a few times before - brilliant track - mix of fast sweepers and tight hairpins. I also live out in the country a bit and (if you know it you'll know what I'm talking about) have pushed my car through the Numinbah range a few times, but at 90%. I don't want to go to Lakeside and push to 90% as I already know how that feels and how the car behaves. I want to take it that little bit further and see what it will do! And I've watched cars on all 3 tracks on youtube etc and QR seems like a few straights joined by some interesting corners. I'm after G forces, track G forces and times - without the punishing barriers, not top speed runs. Wakie will tell me (if I'm on the pace) whether my car is as quick as a tuned DC2R, a stock 135i, an XR6T or a Diahatsu Sirion!

And I can look back through times or magazines to get an idea, no matter what the weather! I'd drive further if I had to to get that!

Good ideas, though. I can see your perspectives!
    iijjee

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 honda civic eg turbo
    ill be heading out there next time as it literally around teh corner from my house i heard everyone out there on the weekend, wishing i was out there. but i agree 85urk.. until your comfitable dont push hard

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by iijjee View Post
    I've tracked my car at Manfield in NZ a few times before - brilliant track - mix of fast sweepers and tight hairpins. I also live out in the country a bit and (if you know it you'll know what I'm talking about) have pushed my car through the Numinbah range a few times, but at 90%. I don't want to go to Lakeside and push to 90% as I already know how that feels and how the car behaves. I want to take it that little bit further and see what it will do! And I've watched cars on all 3 tracks on youtube etc and QR seems like a few straights joined by some interesting corners. I'm after G forces, track G forces and times - without the punishing barriers, not top speed runs. Wakie will tell me (if I'm on the pace) whether my car is as quick as a tuned DC2R, a stock 135i, an XR6T or a Diahatsu Sirion!

And I can look back through times or magazines to get an idea, no matter what the weather! I'd drive further if I had to to get that!

Wakefield is an good track for beginners. Nothing much can go wrong in terms of hitting the wall unless your being really stupid.

Are you going on an open day?

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Quote Originally Posted by iijjee View Post

QR has bench marks. 65 seems to be a average time, 61 - 63 is getting faster. Sub 60 is fast. SUB 57 and you have HPR''s crx time. I would get a few track days under my belt local to sort out problems you may have before trekking 1100km only to over heat after 3 laps.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    OK thebob... you've got me looking at the QR website again. I watched some more footage of the QR Clubman circuit and it seems more interesting than the V8 paperclip. I'd like to find out what some standard road cars do around the track (in the hands of a prof driver) to measure the times put down by modded road cars etc.

I do like the idea of 'starting with a few local runs' first but in reality, I have a family etc and this long service leave may be the only chance I get for years to get to Wakefield Park.

I am/was looking to go to the March 26 'Speed Off the Streets' day at WP which is a decent deal and a chance to have tons of track time.

When is the next track day at QR Clubman???

I feel like we've hijacked this thread now though so lets hope the guys post their times at Lakeside soon!
    iijjee