Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    OEM spec civic

Coolant leaking inside cabin

Hey , not a honda i know , cars a dahstshui pyzar , similar motor to a charade

im leaking coolant inside onto my feet, burnt my self a few times , but its eating about 500ml/50km , im clueless , so ya made the thread for some hope

me and a respected member have had a discussion and we ruled it as head gasket , but now ive got clear evidence of the rubber mat gone green
    D16Y4 powered rice rocket - stock as rock

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    heater core leaking?? check it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    OEM spec civic
    will do in sec just got out shower,

ya just read up on Google , seems as if its the heater core , but the heaters never worked in this car i assume there's no heater core but it reaches operating temperature the engine,

due to we purchased it from a really really dodgy car yard thats why i assume theres no heater core

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    heater core or heater hoses.

First thing check the heater hoses in the engine bay where they connect to the firewall.
    If its not that you would need to possibly pull the dash out and check the condition of the heater core.

Hot coolant runs from your engine and through a heater core which is used for heating your car. The fan blows over the hot coolant in the core and it spreads the heat through the interior via the vents.

It will be pretty obvious where the leaks coming from if you have everything apart as coolant leaks a white powdery looking stain wherever it leaks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    OEM spec civic
    ok

1 thing i dont get is this

i never ever run heater, so the heater core "tap" should have been shut off if u get what i mean

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rice_banger View Post
    ok

1 thing i dont get is this

i never ever run heater, so the heater core "tap" should have been shut off if u get what i mean
    Yes it should but it doesnt mean it works..there's usually no hoses within the cabin.

Best thing to do if you dont have hours or lots of $$ is to block it off, especially if you dont use heater.

Remove the hoses in the enigine bay and bypass it totally, so there is no coolant running into the car!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    OEM spec civic
    ok cool , im just selling the car, so im not sure if that will be a "resale' put down

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    Whats probably happened is that by not using the heater at all (since you're in Surfers) the heater core has corroded and leaked.

Best bet is to block off the two inlet/outlet points at the engine block.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    OEM spec civic
    ok cool guys thanks for the support

i just don't understand , the cars been chewing coolant like mad, almost 1L/ nite of driving like 6 hours constant

im just scared head gasket, will fix it soon work commitments 2moro unfortunately

cheers guys

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    OEM spec civic
    Thanks guys ,

ive decided to clamp of the hoses and just leave the broken heater core , im lazy + selling the car

whats the chance theyl find out i did a dodge repair ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Chance is likely. You should let it be known theres a heating issue with the car upon sale IMO.

You will not get a car past RWC (here in Vic at least) without being able to demist your front windscreen so it prob wont pass an inspection.

Looping the hoses is definately a simple solution to removing a leak in the heater core. I would do it on my own car if i were in that situation but i dont care too much for heat.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    OEM spec civic
    im in S.A , no RWC's only when cops pull you over and reckon its unroad worthy

the heater barley worked any way , duno i need to get as much as i can from this car sale ,but i dont want no heater putting the value down