View Poll Results: Peformance or Profit ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Performance

10 90.91%
  • Profit

1 9.09%
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Luxury

Engine Swap ? or Sell ?

Hi all, I've recent gotten possesion of a 1994 EG4 GL (Carby) at a riduculously low price. Exterior wise, the paint is good with no signs of fading and only 1 50cent coin dent in the rear. Interior wise, it is good, with no cracks, rips, seats are all intact. The only problem was the overheating issue probably due to thermo stat, radiator or water pump.

At this point I was faced with 2 options.

Option 1: For Profit

Spend up to 1000 to fix up the car's overheating problem and touch up the car's exterior with some polishing and buffing, and sell the car for profit.

Thereafter, use the profit to hopefully fund more mods for my DC2 Vtir (195k kms)

Option 2: Performance

Demod and sell my DC2 vtir which has 195k kms, and use the funds to perform a B18CR conversion, disc brake conversion, and move over all the parts from my DC2.

Parts include: J's racing header, Magna Flow Cat, Mugen Twin Loop, NGK leads, Spoon air filter, Buddy Club N+ (DC2R/EG6), LCAs.
    Pretty much everything a car needs.

My objective would be to be able to outperform a DC2R, or even a DC5R in aspect of handling, and straight line acceleration.

So come guys, I need some suggestions and votes !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    id do engine swap. save bit more and then k20 though not b18c.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Luxury
    Would love to... but I can't afford the K20.. and the added price of modification as well..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Panda EG/CRV
    k20 - even more loss of funds

if your goal is to outperform a dc2r/5r id go towards engine swap in your EG

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by squish85 View Post
    Would love to... but I can't afford the K20.. and the added price of modification as well..
    dont you want the added grin? lol. yeah i know its more expensive, but if i were you id sell the teg and drive the repaired eg till the money is ready.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

engine swap man, you won't regret it
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Luxury
    1/4 mile figures anyone ??