Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hey clairegirl, seeing as I had time on my hands the following is the breakdown of what pple (incl. urself) have purchased their cars for so far:
    City VTi-L Black Auto $27,600 incl. floor mats and premium black/white lic plates (clairegirl)
    City VTi-L White Auto $26,500 incl. floor mats (Tsuska)
    City VTi-L Black Manual $25,500 incl. floor mats, paint protection, tinted windows and 6 months rego (game_accord)
    Standard quote by Dealers has been said (Tofu) to be:
    City VTi-L (no met. paint) Manual $28,000 with no optional extras

Has anyone picked up their new car (not a Dealer demo) yet? I signed for my car over 2 wks ago and now it seems I'll have to wait another couple of weeks until my car arrives into town.. apparently it was something to do with Honda having to manually match pple with their cars?? As wonderful as it is driving a Dealer's car, it's getting to be a drag... ><

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda City09 VTI-L Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by AznEmpress View Post
    Hey clairegirl, seeing as I had time on my hands the following is the breakdown of what pple (incl. urself) have purchased their cars for so far:
    City VTi-L Black Auto $27,600 incl. floor mats and premium black/white lic plates (clairegirl)
    City VTi-L White Auto $26,500 incl. floor mats (Tsuska)
    City VTi-L Black Manual $25,500 incl. floor mats, paint protection, tinted windows and 6 months rego (game_accord)
    Standard quote by Dealers has been said (Tofu) to be:
    City VTi-L (no met. paint) Manual $28,000 with no optional extras

Has anyone picked up their new car (not a Dealer demo) yet? I signed for my car over 2 wks ago and now it seems I'll have to wait another couple of weeks until my car arrives into town.. apparently it was something to do with Honda having to manually match pple with their cars?? As wonderful as it is driving a Dealer's car, it's getting to be a drag... ><
    Wow Tsuska, got a great price! Can I ask which dealer you got yours at? Was it a demo model?

I should have gotten it tomorrow but now they're pushing it till maybe Saturday or maybe next Wednesday.

Honestly, i didn't realize getting a new car would take so long! You left yourself out in the list aznempress

Funny how the Honda reps here push that the City is a boyz car and the Jazz is a girlz car, yet the girls are snapping up the City. Arf.

Nice pick up girlz. Be sure to post pics of your new babies when you get 'em

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda City09 VTI-L Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by FitRS View Post
    Funny how the Honda reps here push that the City is a boyz car and the Jazz is a girlz car, yet the girls are snapping up the City. Arf.

Nice pick up girlz. Be sure to post pics of your new babies when you get 'em
    i most definitely will

Jazz is cute but im trying to get away from the whole hatchback scene, I've been driving one for the past 6 years! I need a grown up car now! lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda City09 VTI-L Auto
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI_CBJLEQag

This is the colour and the model that I got. I can't wait till i get it!! Has anyone else been looking at youtube videos of the city.haha im in love!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 City VTI-L Auto
    Hey Guys!! I am one of the lucky "boys" to have the new Honda City 2009.
    bought it the second week it came out, at "John Blair Honda" and I was there first customer to drive out with one.

Here is what i got:
    VTI-L Auto $27 K drive away, with mats and slim line plates and also additional 3 year dealership warranty (making the car warranted for 6 years all up).
    It was the best deal i got between 3 dealerships (incl. Berwick New World, Garry and Warren Smith Oakleigh and Courtney and Patterson Heidelberg). I was lucky enough to get mine not more then 14 days after signature.

Ive had after market tint and sensors installed too. - they enhance looks and security respectively. Way way wayyyyy cheaper then having honda put them in, same people who Honda outsource to anyway.

Also, don't get sucked in by any of the paint protection gimmicks. I did a lot of research, and its just that a money making gimmick on the dealerships part. Even the person who sold me the car, and doesn't work at the aftermarket department, advised me not to get it - cos it's a "gimmick". Just spend a bit of money on some Meguiars cleaning products and take good care of your car.

So far Ive driven 1200km in just over 2.5 weeks. fuel mileage is good, and apparently, will only get better, atm 7.6L/100km (you will never match the brochure stats, as those are done under controlled conditions - but they don't mention that do they?!?). I have a freekin alloy rash, about .5 of an inch on the left front outer rim,, arrrrrgh - will get that fixed soon. Also the smallest of stone chips on the bonnet near the windscreen washers. I will see if Honda can help me out with that.

Don't likes: Is yes, there is a bit of scream from the engine above 3Krpm, but it will quieten down over the next 5K, says the Honda people. But also, there is a healthy "vtec" scream when you jump to 80-100km/hr and then push it some more - you get that boost everyone knows a vtec gives.
    Also, the premium cloth, mannn does every dust and hair stick to it! So its handy to have one of those Roman Lint Brushes in the boot, with your other cleaning products. Or get a seat cover, which is what im doing. Custom fitted. heheheh

Likes: Everything about the car. It is so the new hot mid size sedan out there!!!!!, eats the mazda 3 imo, but when they release the new model in June, it will be a different story. The Ipod connector is awesome!!!!!!!

Anyway, enjoy the city guys and gals!!!!
    My baby is hot!!!, will post pics soon.

I will post pics maybe tomorrow.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 City VTI-L Auto
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auXrs...eature=related
    Check this out guys, the malaysian model has side indicator lights mounted on the side mirrors (i like this better) and also they have "rear reclining seats" wtf?!?!? see for what I paid for, why couldn't we get this in the VTI-L version?!?! Also i know they have steering mounter shift paddles as well.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda City09 VTI-L Auto
    27k is a top price... what colour did you get?

hey you did really well on the price!... looking forward to seeing your pics!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda City09 VTI-L Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_City View Post
    Hey Guys!! I am one of the lucky "boys" to have the new Honda City 2009.
    bought it the second week it came out, at "John Blair Honda" and I was there first customer to drive out with one.

Here is what i got:
    VTI-L Auto $27 K drive away, with mats and slim line plates and also additional 3 year dealership warranty (making the car warranted for 6 years all up).
    It was the best deal i got between 3 dealerships (incl. Berwick New World, Garry and Warren Smith Oakleigh and Courtney and Patterson Heidelberg). I was lucky enough to get mine not more then 14 days after signature.

Ive had after market tint and sensors installed too. - they enhance looks and security respectively. Way way wayyyyy cheaper then having honda put them in, same people who Honda outsource to anyway.

Also, don't get sucked in by any of the paint protection gimmicks. I did a lot of research, and its just that a money making gimmick on the dealerships part. Even the person who sold me the car, and doesn't work at the aftermarket department, advised me not to get it - cos it's a "gimmick". Just spend a bit of money on some Meguiars cleaning products and take good care of your car.

So far Ive driven 1200km in just over 2.5 weeks. fuel mileage is good, and apparently, will only get better, atm 7.6L/100km (you will never match the brochure stats, as those are done under controlled conditions - but they don't mention that do they?!?). I have a freekin alloy rash, about .5 of an inch on the left front outer rim,, arrrrrgh - will get that fixed soon. Also the smallest of stone chips on the bonnet near the windscreen washers. I will see if Honda can help me out with that.

Don't likes: Is yes, there is a bit of scream from the engine above 3Krpm, but it will quieten down over the next 5K, says the Honda people. But also, there is a healthy "vtec" scream when you jump to 80-100km/hr and then push it some more - you get that boost everyone knows a vtec gives.
    Also, the premium cloth, mannn does every dust and hair stick to it! So its handy to have one of those Roman Lint Brushes in the boot, with your other cleaning products. Or get a seat cover, which is what im doing. Custom fitted. heheheh

Likes: Everything about the car. It is so the new hot mid size sedan out there!!!!!, eats the mazda 3 imo, but when they release the new model in June, it will be a different story. The Ipod connector is awesome!!!!!!!

Anyway, enjoy the city guys and gals!!!!
    My baby is hot!!!, will post pics soon.

I will post pics maybe tomorrow.
    Where do you get custom fitted seat covers from??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 City VTI-L Auto
    OH. im ordering them from overseas. They custom make and fit all types of Seat covers in the Philippines. So im lucky, in that i have some relatives coming here at the end of the month.

Here are some pics. (sorry im posting link, cos the upload keeps failing)
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...hondacity1.jpg
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...hondacity2.jpg
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...hondacity3.jpg
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ndacity4-1.jpg
    Last edited by Judge_City; 25-03-2009 at 12:00 PM.

Nice. Did u choose to get the standard 35% tint all 'round?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 City VTI-L Auto
    ^ Yup darkest legal all the way around. Tint Professor for $265