Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    and unlike stroking it to 2.7L, it's much easier to return a Turbo'ed engine back to stock.
    Sif you want to...
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post
    money isnt an issue just time i guess..

some good points you have there geeang but i have mates who just say i bought it like this rah rah cause they end up getting their rego saying the car is still a stock n/a or something cops check it up dont bother checking the engine.. and honestly i doubt many cops know what their looking at i had my engine checked and the officer asked if my pod filter was a turbo i was balling my eyes out of laughter lol. other then that no other officer has ever checked my engine they ask if its turbo check my vin number thingy and they said its all sweet but yeah i could possibly get dicked but meh lol.. its only 3 demerit points i go on a contract anyway so the penalty isnt harsher one bit.. unless im caught speeding again.

i was thinking keeping it a daily driven car but i guess i'd have more problems with a 2.7l wouldnt i? having driven it everyday doing x amount of km/s..

oh and i can get around engineers certificates lol. so that isnt an issue.. mate needed one for his 6.9L monaro gen 3 thing i dunno what it is im not too into holdens but yeah got around it lol.
    I wouldn't recommend either as a daily. But Building the turbo kit with very high quality products would at least give it some life and fuel economy when babied.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    if you get pulled over, how is the cop going to knoe the car is 2.7 litre? unless you go to the RTA and change it with them, which will be just diggin ur own grave.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    if you get pulled over, how is the cop going to knoe the car is 2.7 litre? unless you go to the RTA and change it with them, which will be just diggin ur own grave.
    Unless you dodgy the car for the rest of your life, and intend on selling it on dodgily, the capacity must be stated on the Rego (which means it needs to be blue-slipped/engineered).

Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    Unless you dodgy the car for the rest of your life, and intend on selling it on dodgily, the capacity must be stated on the Rego (which means it needs to be blue-slipped/engineered).
    If it looks the same from the extirior (engine-wise) you will hardly ever have any problems. If you simply increased the stroke/bore and sold it, the owner will most likey think it is just a well preserved car.

A mate of mine bought a HQ Monaro to restore. Rego sticker said it was a 5L engine and it sold without hassles. After driving it around abit, he was suspicious of how it still made alot of power even considering its age. When they stripped the block and took some measurements, it turned out to be a 5.4L donk and had a very lumpy cam. They put it together again and recently sold the car. Because of the new flashy paint and new exhaust setup it did attract quite alot of police attention (main reason he sold it). Nobody ever assumed it was stroked/bored out and im 100% will stay registered as a 5L for the rest of its life.

While it is illegal, you must remeber that you are innocent until proven guilty. For them to charge you for false information, it would require them to strip down the block and take the measurements. To do this they would require a warrant and in the case that they are infact wrong, reimburse the owner (i think.. not sure). This makes it too expensive and risky. They will most likely get you to take an EPA test and other things, and charge you with that rather than proving you've failed to provide correct information.

The rule of engine capacity increase is directed at a engine conversion point of view as this is FAR more common than boring/stroking an engine.

There is only one 'real' risk with not stating the correct capacity of the car, Insurance. It is very likely that if your boring/stroking out a car it will be worth a large(-ish) sum of money. The insurance company will try to avoid paying you out any how they know if it comes to an accident (bad phrasing, they arent all bastards :P)

Now to get t the question at hand.... Driving either of those on a daily basis will be quite 'interesting' but i belive that the turbo set up would work better on the streets. My reasoning is that you simply dont need to hit boost and you have no problems =]
    Now compare that to a stroke/bore increase. You would probably buy new cams for it, and if your doing that might aswell get rid of vtec and make it more reliable. Problem with that is, you wont be able to drive it at low revs without it being very akward, but rev higher up and you would feel something speshial :>

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by Chernoby1 View Post
    If it looks the same from the extirior (engine-wise) you will hardly ever have any problems. If you simply increased the stroke/bore and sold it, the owner will most likey think it is just a well preserved car.

A mate of mine bought a HQ Monaro to restore. Rego sticker said it was a 5L engine and it sold without hassles. After driving it around abit, he was suspicious of how it still made alot of power even considering its age. When they stripped the block and took some measurements, it turned out to be a 5.4L donk and had a very lumpy cam. They put it together again and recently sold the car. Because of the new flashy paint and new exhaust setup it did attract quite alot of police attention (main reason he sold it). Nobody ever assumed it was stroked/bored out and im 100% will stay registered as a 5L for the rest of its life.

While it is illegal, you must remeber that you are innocent until proven guilty. For them to charge you for false information, it would require them to strip down the block and take the measurements. To do this they would require a warrant and in the case that they are infact wrong, reimburse the owner (i think.. not sure). This makes it too expensive and risky. They will most likely get you to take an EPA test and other things, and charge you with that rather than proving you've failed to provide correct information.

The rule of engine capacity increase is directed at a engine conversion point of view as this is FAR more common than boring/stroking an engine.

There is only one 'real' risk with not stating the correct capacity of the car, Insurance. It is very likely that if your boring/stroking out a car it will be worth a large(-ish) sum of money. The insurance company will try to avoid paying you out any how they know if it comes to an accident (bad phrasing, they arent all bastards :P)

Now to get t the question at hand.... Driving either of those on a daily basis will be quite 'interesting' but i belive that the turbo set up would work better on the streets. My reasoning is that you simply dont need to hit boost and you have no problems =]
    Now compare that to a stroke/bore increase. You would probably buy new cams for it, and if your doing that might aswell get rid of vtec and make it more reliable. Problem with that is, you wont be able to drive it at low revs without it being very akward, but rev higher up and you would feel something speshial :>
    his p plater cant drive turbo. Well he can do his work on it , and when he sells it , takes the effort to fix it up with rta

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Thats the thing with stroking the car and not registering the change, and then selling the car to someone else.

Once they find out, they can sue you for false advertising, in which case you would have to take back the car AND pay them back the full sum they paid, on top of that they will be able to sue you for the time lost on buying this car with illegal modifications.

But case in hand, turbo is not an option since it's a P-plater driving.
    Only real option would be illegally stroking the car to 2.7l and illegally having it registered without notification.

So pretty much asking how to do something illegal on a public forum, explaining how you would illegally avoid registering the change on a public forum, and explaining how little you care if a cop pulls you over with illegal modifications on a public forum.

Real smart lads

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    imo learn to drive then turbo it when you get off your P's

hmm, NA, NA, NA stroke that badboy!! I wish money wasn't option for me to!!
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    Nissan Micra Type R
    What are you after?

Peak power, or torque?

For peak power i'd go the turbo route..

Either way you'll prolly end up saying hi to a telegraph pole. Remember there are reasons why they dont allow P platers behind the wheel of certain cars.
    NHB DC2R

TYP 20R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    yes i know they dont let p platers behind certain cars.. but the "certain cars" mightent have anywhere near the same power as an s2000 has.. so i kind of think its bogus. and yes i would say hi to a telegraph pole if i was stupid enough to drag in idiotic places lol.. theres a time and place for it.. and yeah im leaning towards having it N/A and when im off my p's turbo an nsx

Member Array
    Car:
    Nissan Micra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post
    yes i know they dont let p platers behind certain cars.. but the "certain cars" mightent have anywhere near the same power as an s2000 has.. so i kind of think its bogus. and yes i would say hi to a telegraph pole if i was stupid enough to drag in idiotic places lol.. theres a time and place for it.. and yeah im leaning towards having it N/A and when im off my p's turbo an nsx
    You didnt answer my question..

Peak power, or torque?

Because a 2.7l stroker kit wont give you a ridiculous amount of final power output.

A turbo kit + a few grand will.
    NHB DC2R

TYP 20R