Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: headunit issues

Member Array
    Car:
    93' DA9

headunit issues

ok I have a integra da with a lil 4" touch screen DVD headunit, not sure of brand. I was driving home from uni and I hit a pot hole and the headunit just turned off and wouldn't turn back on? When I turn the car of and click the key right once the aerial goes up the on light flicks on and I hear a click in the speakers then light switches off then when I click key over to when the lights on the tacho come on the on button doesn't even flash? Does anyone know what it could be?

Cheers guys

Member Array
    Car:
    93' DA9
    ok it still flashes when cars on

Member Array
    Car:
    93' DA9
    No one knows? Damn it haha

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Take it out and assess it! Not that hard

Could be just a loose acc wire or loose ground.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    93' DA9
    I've taken it out in wired the main wires like the ground power then re done them still ain't working. But I'll make a new ground

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by thescotty View Post
    I've taken it out in wired the main wires like the ground power then re done them still ain't working. But I'll make a new ground
    I couldn't really understand your original post.

Is there power to the headunit ?

If not, you can make a new 12 volt constant to your battery just to make sure the original one isn't split somewhere in the loom.

Just make a new ground to test right next to where you mount your head unit, should take less then 10 seconds to do!
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    93' DA9
    what do i need to make a new power do i need a new resistor??? and what resistor?.......ill make a cord from battery to headunit and put the ground to somewhere metal near the headunit...

cheers mate

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    scotty I think yoy blew a fuse. If a blade fuse gets a hard knock it will blow which it is what its designed for to prevent a short circuit in the system.

Look at the back of the uni for the fuse stuck in somewhere, take it out see if its damaged and if it is, replace it and have another try.

There should also be a fuse for the system in the fuse box so look there too

Also, if you could tell me how to take out the head unit out of a da9 that'd be great cuz im having trouble taking out mine, and thought I should ask before taking off panels etc

Member Array
    Car:
    93' DA9
    If it ain't a fuse in the headunit what do I do?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Do as said above.. get a circuit tester (test light or multi meter),poke around at the wires see if you get a light.. if not theres no power.. so continue further til you find the source of the problem

Member Array
    Car:
    93' DA9
    ok to take out the headunit you gotta take out the lil holder thing below the headunit...if you cant you have to take of the panels ill get some pics later, where are you located?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude
    sounds like fuse or wiring. anyone know why my prelude headunit wiring wont have enough power to turn my kenwood headunit on? i assumed that stock headdecks use 12v to turn on also...apparently not. had to put the hd on a switch