Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 / KB1

Question Common problem for 07+ CRV?

Just wondering if this is a common problem for the new crv. Basically the car pull to the left and also the steering wheel is skewed slightly. When i send the car back 2weeks ago for its first service the dealer told me "they are all like that" So i'm just wondering if all of you crv owner experience the same thing.
    Own a Honda Legend? Visit www.acuralegend.org

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    test drove one yesterday and i noticed it pulled slightly to the left...

I find that hard to believe "they are all like that". No car should pull to the left or have a skewed steering wheel "by default". It sounds like a wheel alignment problem to me.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRV MY07
    Take the CRV to somewhere else for a wheel alignment check and present the bill to the service dealer for lying to you.
    Anyone who says that "all these cars drive like that" is providing very poor customer service.

No new car today should ever pull left or right (unless it's torque steer ... but that's a different story...)

Mate I suggest you google the words 'CRV PULL TO THE LEFT' and have a read of what other people have gone through with their CRV in the UK and USA (pull to the right for the USA). I took mine back within 600 kms as it had a distinct pull to the left 'sometimes'. My CRV would immediately pull to the left upon letting go of the wheel on a straight level piece of road. Honda did a full front and rear wheel alignment under warranty and admitted that the wheel alignment was out from factory. The car now travels nice and straight on straight level roads (I consider staying in one lane for anything over 5 seconds without hands on the wheel not an issue - at 100km/ h that is). The car will however wander to the left slightly on roads with a left biased camber. At the moment it's not a problem but it was initially. Car has now done over 6000 kms with no 'funny' front tyre wear.

From what I read, some people get the pull to the left but some lucky people haven't got that problem.

BTW, anyone ever driven a new Toyota Aurion V6 auto? We have two at work and they are a constant battle to keep on the road under cruising speed. I am not talking about front wheel drive torque steer here, these things are down right dangerous as they will immediately pull to the left and you will be out of your lane within 2 seconds if you don't control the aurion by pulling down on the steering wheel to the right at all times.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    this is a thailand built vehicle, right?

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    Quote Originally Posted by jords View Post
    this is a thailand built vehicle, right?
    yep like many other new hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 / KB1
    Quote Originally Posted by 62rocket View Post
    Mate I suggest you google the words 'CRV PULL TO THE LEFT' and have a read of what other people have gone through with their CRV in the UK and USA (pull to the right for the USA). I took mine back within 600 kms as it had a distinct pull to the left 'sometimes'. My CRV would immediately pull to the left upon letting go of the wheel on a straight level piece of road. Honda did a full front and rear wheel alignment under warranty and admitted that the wheel alignment was out from factory. The car now travels nice and straight on straight level roads (I consider staying in one lane for anything over 5 seconds without hands on the wheel not an issue - at 100km/ h that is). The car will however wander to the left slightly on roads with a left biased camber. At the moment it's not a problem but it was initially. Car has now done over 6000 kms with no 'funny' front tyre wear.

From what I read, some people get the pull to the left but some lucky people haven't got that problem.

BTW, anyone ever driven a new Toyota Aurion V6 auto? We have two at work and they are a constant battle to keep on the road under cruising speed. I am not talking about front wheel drive torque steer here, these things are down right dangerous as they will immediately pull to the left and you will be out of your lane within 2 seconds if you don't control the aurion by pulling down on the steering wheel to the right at all times.
    Thanks for that. I'll tell my parents to get it in for an alignment as the crv is their car. I think the finish build quality on the thailand model are a bit not up to honda japan standard. I know this as on november i went to malaysia and rented a jap build crv, the finish quality is more of what i'm used to for honda standard ie. body panel alignment. and also some small features are not included like auto door lock when you drive above 5/10kmh which i think is more of honda aust not wanting it.
    Own a Honda Legend? Visit www.acuralegend.org

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    mine seems to be fine,
    sitting at 4thousand k's for 5 months now and its straight as a straw

reverse sensors playing up tho
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants