Nice job!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...ughgrommet.jpg

did u have to drill a hole into this grommet? or is there already a hole there?

nice write up btw!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Civic FD
    I'm thinking of doing this mod as well, but I don't know which cables for the dome light. Could anyone shed some light for me? (no pun intended @_@)

I'm thinking it would be one of the cables near the fuse box but there's a huge bundle and I have no idea! Epic fails for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Civic VTi
    sorry guys. i thought this thread has been buried. anyway, to answer your questions:

@ black8thgen - no hole on that grommet yet. no need to drill mate - jsut ahve to poke it as the grommet is rubber. I would suggest using something thinner than the wire to poke the grommet so that when you pull your wire through, the grommet will still be snug around it.

@ HotKgon - sorry mate can't help you with the dome light wiring. that's why i tapped mine to the parkers.

@ curtis365: thanks mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    ahh i see. sweet. cheers mate. btw is taking off the glove box a tricky job or is it quick and simple?

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    ahh i see. sweet. cheers mate. btw is taking off the glove box a tricky job or is it quick and simple?
    it's easy as mate. just open it, pull the 2 sides towards the middle then it should pop out. you won't actually taking it off - it will still be hanging by the hinge. but it should give you enough room to work. cheers mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    ahh i see. cheers for the help mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    hey uhm do u reckon you could take a pic of the way u inserted the red wire to the female parker socket? i was looking round just then and im not sure where to put it so the socket can still fit inside the headlight compartment.

thanks mate

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Civic VTi
    hey uhm do u reckon you could take a pic of the way u inserted the red wire to the female parker socket? i was looking round just then and im not sure where to put it so the socket can still fit inside the headlight compartment.

thanks mate

i don't think i'll be able to do that mate coz it's quite tricky to insert the wire to the socket. what i did was strip about 25mm of the insulation of the red wire (from the LEDs), inserted the bare copper wire end to the (+) terminal of the female socket then plugged it back in. that way, there are no taps or splices onto the wire - all can be back to stock after you remove the mod.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Hmm, so is the copper wire like sitting inside the headlight housing basically? but you just squeezed it through the gap with the socket? i think ill try that.. thanks mate!

btw is the socket ur talking about the GREY piece that comes out or the black piece connected to the red/black wire of the parkers.
    Last edited by black8thgen; 13-05-2009 at 03:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Civic VTi
    Hmm, so is the copper wire like sitting inside the headlight housing basically? but you just squeezed it through the gap with the socket? i think ill try that.. thanks mate!

btw is the socket ur talking about the GREY piece that comes out or the black piece connected to the red/black wire of the parkers.
    mate sorry for the very late replies. been very busy lately.

nope, not inside the headlight housing. you have the parker bulb holder yeah? then the socket to this bulb holder can actually pulled-off from it. that's where you insert the copper wire - in the female (+) slot in that socket that plugs to the parker bulb holder. hope you undestand mate. i'm sure you'll figure that out when you're already working on it.

by the way, i tapped on to the passenger side parkers as there's more working space there. i tried tapping to the driver's side parker and man, it was a hassle! have to take the battery out or move it slightly out of the way maing everything harder!

cheers and good luck on the DIY.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    ah all sweet. got it done =D. haha thx mate, lots of help!

btw i think u mean u worked on the drivers side? cos the battery is on the passenger side =D