Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI
    COOOOREEEEEE ive wanted to do this mod for so long just havnt got around to doing it, i wonna do it on my dc2 with red lights

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    ah all sweet. got it done =D. haha thx mate, lots of help!

btw i think u mean u worked on the drivers side? cos the battery is on the passenger side =D
    you're right - worked on the driver's side. got confused lol.

post pics when you've done yours mate.

Quote Originally Posted by joe.teg View Post
    COOOOREEEEEE ive wanted to do this mod for so long just havnt got around to doing it, i wonna do it on my dc2 with red lights
    go for it mate. it can be done in an hour or 2.

@jpestrada115: My FD has the side indicators on the side mirror so I havent got that hole from the cheek light on the fender..do you think it's still easy to access the grommet just by unclipping the fender guards?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    at NAFD2: i found a new way of feeding the wires from engine bay to interior as i also have a sport so i dont have the cheek light - there is a little gap in where the door opens, and if u open up the fenders in the wheel arch you can access that little hole, u can feed wires through there very easily and up into the engine bay via the wheel arch fenders, this is how i did mine, very easy and i can take a pic if anyone really wants. the only problem is you need to cover up the wires as when u open the door they become visible, but i dont think anyone really cares tooo much about that, it saves having to find your way through that little hole above the fuse box (almost impossible to get i hear).

heres some pics of my install - interior footwells and strips in the front grille:

btw sorry for the blurryness... took them in a rush =/.

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Civic VTi
    @ NZFD2: sorry i saw your question too late mate. black8thgen's solution seems easier. to answer your question though, i think you would still be able to access that grommet if you take out the plastic fenderliner. would be tricky to poke a hole though as you will just be using your touch and not actually see it.

the way i did it is not really the best way (i.e., tapping for power from the parkers in the engine bay and running the wires back into the car). i'm doing some research now to draw power from the underdash fusebox (from a spare slot). that way, all wirings will be inside the car, the LED circuit protected by a fuse and no wires to see in the engine bay! i'll post up pics and details on this post when i've done this.

anyway, i hid the wires (from the driver side parker light) under the metal frame infront of the radiator though so they're not visible at all. stealthy so the dealer won't see it when the pop the bonnet.

@ black8thgen: top job mate! i think yours actually came out better than mine. did you install LEDs for the back seat footwells as well?

@jpestrada & black8thgen: Thanks guys for the answer. I'm quite keen on getting this done too sometime soon. btw black8thgen, did you use teh same leds as jpestrada? I'm really liking the blue as it's probably not that bright but still illuminate the footwells nicely

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    @ nzfd2: nah i used 30cm blue LED strips from ebay =].
    @ jpestrada: nahh didnt install for rear seats yet, planning on doing that very soon!
    and yeah i also hid my wires in the engine bay with some tape and under the metal barrier thingy lol. - and yeah i was researching on how to wire it to the spare slot in fuse box but didn't get very lol, so went for the quick easy fix =D. in the end though i need to use the parker power as my grille LEDs are all on the outside and run through the engine bay anyway.

@black8thgen: cool..I've looked at some led strips on NZ's 'ebay', might grab some up sometime soon..thanks again

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    black8thgen, that looks great!

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Civic VTi
    @ black8thgen: sweet mate! yours would probably be a lot brighter as they are quite long LED strips. aren't they annoyingly bright while you dirve at night?

just saw the pic of the LEDs on the grille. looks cool. but don't it get unwanted attention from the police?

@ NZFD2: post up pics when you get yours done mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    ah shit sorry for the late reply.. been busy on exams for a few weeks.

uhmm nah they aren't annoying while im driving at night, and my front grille ones i put a on/off switch in between the circuit.. so i can turn it on when i want, because yeah i think cops will definately try defect me on it, so i just turn it on while im driving in back streets i know are cop-free, and just to show mates etc haha =].

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    ah shit sorry for the late reply.. been busy on exams for a few weeks.

uhmm nah they aren't annoying while im driving at night, and my front grille ones i put a on/off switch in between the circuit.. so i can turn it on when i want, because yeah i think cops will definately try defect me on it, so i just turn it on while im driving in back streets i know are cop-free, and just to show mates etc haha =].
    lol. cheers mate. anti-defect switch ftw!