Hello all, glad to be here.

I joined a few months ago but I havent been very active. I'm tryin to put a change to that.

I bought my '96 vti coupe about 18 months ago and I its my first Honda. Great car- love the smooth engine, slick 'box and the coupe styling. The d16y8 engine is very nice all the way up to he redline even though it is slightly lacking in power.

I'm planning to get a dc2 vti-r/ em1 or the second gen crx. Its just so hard to find one thats dead stock and cared for (as u all know). Had a look on carsales.com today and Ive noticed that DC2 vti-rs in good nick are grossly overpriced on that site. The book value for a '99 teg is 11.5k (max) and some guys are trying to sell thier well cared for examples for 15k+. Do they really expect to get this or are they marking the pirece up by 5k trying to reel in a sucker?

Anyway, i guess i will take my time to find a good one for a reasonable price. I think that the dc2 vti-r is better than the crx and civic performance wise. I've test driven a few (abused examples) and they are a revelation to drive.

Well thats my 2 cents... i have gained a bit of mechanical knowledge over the years (and honda knowledge too) so maybe i can be a useful member of OZhonda.

Peace,

Mike