Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F

[Euro] Has anyone purchased camber kits?

I am about to get some camber kits from the states, in preperation for the coilover installation. I was wondering if anyone else had done the same since there is nothing available here in Australia?

I am looking to get lowered only about 2". I know a rear camber kit is a given, but for those of you who have had a drop, how much out is your front camber?

The reason I ask is because there is 2 front kits available (in terms of adjustability). One is -1.5 deg to +1.5 deg, and the other is +1.5 deg to +3.0 deg. I am unsure which one to get.

Here are some that I have found at www.ptuning.com

Acura TSX (2004 All)
    SPC Performance Camber Correction - Adjustable Camber Ball (Max 1.5 Degrees) - Price/Ea. (2 Required) - PTSPC67125 Acura TSX (2004 All (Front Camber))$75.95

SPC Performance Camber Correction - Extreme Adjustable Camber Ball (Max 3.0 Degrees) - Price/Ea. (2 Required) - PTSPC67320 Acura TSX (2004 All)$75.95

SPC Performance Rear Camber Correction - EZ Arm XR - Incl. Ball Joint (Max 3.5 Degrees) - Price/Ea. (2 Required) - PTSPC67290 $72.95
    Last edited by Type R Positive; 25-10-2004 at 03:30 PM.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

My rear camber are -2.4 deg now. front camber is non adjustable at -0.5.

I head the SPC or Ingrall camber kit can snap in half or something like that...

I'd wait until Japanese companies come up with the solution.
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Yeah, I have read about the Ingalls rear kits snapping, but I think that is just mungering. The Ingalls kits adjust the bottom of the hub and the SPC kits go on top of the hub.

Camber Kits

There is a rear camber kit being developed by a company in Brisbane which is not too far off being available.
    I would be very cautious of purchasing a kit from the states which has fabricated arms to adjust rear camber. There is a compliance issue with this type of modification, and it doesn't surprise me that there is reports of some of these breaking. Front camber doesn't seem to be much of a problem when lowering Euro's.
    My advice, wait for the locally available rear camber kit, which will comply with ADR's and from all indications should be cheaper.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroZ
    There is a rear camber kit being developed by a company in Brisbane which is not too far off being available.
    I would be very cautious of purchasing a kit from the states which has fabricated arms to adjust rear camber. There is a compliance issue with this type of modification, and it doesn't surprise me that there is reports of some of these breaking. Front camber doesn't seem to be much of a problem when lowering Euro's.
    My advice, wait for the locally available rear camber kit, which will comply with ADR's and from all indications should be cheaper.
    I know what you are saying, but I don't have much faith when companies such as K-MAC suspensions just get their kits from the states and charge you over US$300.00 for the rears. I will wait abit for what fulcrum has to offer, but I can't see it being any different to what's already on offer.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro 04
    Fulcrum has almost finished developing the prototype. If I were you, I would wait a little longer. I heard it will be two different adjustments for the rear camber to bring it back to - 0.5 from about - 2.5

I thought the stock setup for the rear is -1.0 .

Euro needs to have a bit of -ve rear camber dialled in to counter the oversteery characteristic.

Spoon Euro 24 hour race car has -6.8 camber for the rear. talk about uneven tyre wear....

VT or VS commiidores have really big -ve camber aswell....
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by jtboo
    Fulcrum has almost finished developing the prototype. If I were you, I would wait a little longer. I heard it will be two different adjustments for the rear camber to bring it back to - 0.5 from about - 2.5
    tell 'em to hurry up!!! We are all waiting LOL!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro 04

Thumbs up The wait is over!!

Gentleman,

I now have the camber kit developed by Fulcrum installed on my car . It has changed my camber readings from -2.42 to -0.38 and -2.37 to - 0.47. This is at the maximum setting of the kit. Will fine tune it later to combat oversteer.

Get your pen and paper ready guys......The kit number is KIT094K. The kit consist of 3 shells and bushes that replace current shells and bushes on the upper, lower and rear toe control arm. Unfortunately, I do not know the price of the kit as of yet. It will be available in less than a month from now. Place your orders, cause production is limited.

Do they do any for the front end?
    I'd like more -ve front camber
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro 04
    Just for the rear I'm afraid

Member Array
    Car: