Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

DC4 Integra GSi taking too much fuel

hey guys
    just got a 1997 auto DC4 Integra GSi and seriously think there is a problem.i full filled the tank and only have got 85km so far and the fuel guage is at half! my old 2litre 180sx turbo didnt even eat as much. is there a recommended workshop to find this problem
    thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    When was the last time you serviced it, and changed fuel filter etc?
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    Smell any leaking petrol??

before i brought the car it was serivced and that was about 1 month ago the pwner before did it and no smell of petrol.the car has a stock exhuast system but i think its a little louder than normal when if it has a exhaust leak it wouldnt take that much petrol right??
    cheers guys

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    depending on how big your leak is

but, yeah it can chew that much petrol with an exhaust leak. in the serivce, do you know what they changed? they might not of changed everything that could be linked to it also.

thanks oh im goin to ring the old owner and ask about the service.
    hope it wont cost much to fix got no job atm =(

just found some service papers in the car...major service was just done oils filters including the timing belt. so is there a workshop i can take it to around s.e melb to find my problem??

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    any mechanics should be able to help you out, just let them know your situation.

yeh thats the next step i guess but can anyone recommend a good honda workshop in s.e melb??

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Is your fuel gauge accurate?
    Fill up til full, drive until the needle reaches the middle, then write down the distance you travelled. Fill up to full and divide number of litres with the number of kms drive.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

yep thats what i did filled her up and only got 85kms for half the tank

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    runs it untill your light goes on. That's if the dc4 has a petrol light. When the light goes on it means it should have around 10 litres left