Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

50000km what oil to use?

Hi all, my CL9 is due for 50k servos, as i'm just a noob for honda so could u please recommended me which oil to be use? and what are the difference btw synthetic and mineral[semi-syn]? what does its do to the engine?

how much u guys reckon it will cost me anyway for the type of servo? i called AutoMASTER, they have special major service for $198 which cover more stuff than the original log book, the guys there say it will be way better for me to get its full services instead of follow the log book for 50k, they will also sign the log book[anyway my warranty voided]... what do we think?

last matter, i'd ambipur leakage on my dash, luckily i wiped its off straight when i saw its, didnt cause much damage to the dash but still leave kind of white stain dribbed, i called ambipur to claim on wed, they sound alright as they will send someone to have a look to see if they could fix or send its to honda[anyway got quote $5166 from em' as they said it has to be change the whole control+air vent panel...WTF],

i saw the post here, aarong was recommended someone to ask PANDA[crx] as he been through this sorta thing before, can someone recommend me what should i do now? since the ambipur seem to run away from this problem from their slow reaction... many thank guys, damn i'd tried upload the foto but i was failed for so many times, WHY???

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 05
    i did 50k service for around $135. used 10-40 motul synthetic.
    if you're in vic, go box hill ward while motors, ask for graeme. champion.

Automaster quoted me for 135 too for this 50k but i'd forget to ask which oil will they be using, it said on the ads they use valvoline but is it any good? what is the number 10-40 tells?

thank u...anyway should i just pay 63 buckz more to get full services which cover alots more stuffs? what do we think

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    I suggest either Castrol Edge 5W30 or 0W40.Elf is good too.Excellium SM 5W30.I'm using Castrol Edge 0W40 now.got it on sale for $60.

ambipur will eat in to the shiny parts of your dash... dont spill it... I got a small dot, but luckily not too visible.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by oat.iphone View Post
    Automaster quoted me for 135 too for this 50k but i'd forget to ask which oil will they be using, it said on the ads they use valvoline but is it any good? what is the number 10-40 tells?

thank u...anyway should i just pay 63 buckz more to get full services which cover alots more stuffs? what do we think
    The lower the number, the lower the temperature. The W basically means winter and the second number is for how high a temperature it can handle without thinning out. i think thats it.. can someone correct me if im wrong?? tia

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    60 bucks for edge 0-40w not bad

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Min988 View Post
    60 bucks for edge 0-40w not bad
    Yea.got another bottle last mth.as Supercheap sale $50.

so it means the lower number is the better right since the temp is low so it better for car burning? someone correct me please

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 JDM EP3
    I thought burning oil is a bad thing.. ?
    But I believe lower numbers means a thinner oil, which is better for newer cars. Where as older cars need thicker oil or else they might burn the oil...

Quote Originally Posted by spookz View Post
    I thought burning oil is a bad thing.. ?
    But I believe lower numbers means a thinner oil, which is better for newer cars. Where as older cars need thicker oil or else they might burn the oil...
    Mine is 2006 model, so should i just follow the trend going 0W35 or 0W40 or should i go 5W35

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    50000km is not old. My car has almost 80000km and I am using 5w-30 with no problems. Works good on the race track as well. Castrol Edge 0w-40 is a good oil, just expensive when not on sale.

As for your ambipur damage, unfortunately the only way is to change the radio/aircon console panel. That was what they had to do for my damage too.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2