k24 crx 12.103@111.50mph
    nice and simple.. well done..
    12.103@111mph
    POWERED BY DR HONDA
    *DRH24R*

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I needa make a box that fits right into the boot hole.. i've seen a couple now and it looks nice and saves alot of space considering we dont have much to play with lol. But what would the difference be in the way the sound is directed? i know when i face my sub up it sounds different and alot harder then facing it towards the backend of the car..

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    my right side speaker sometimes stops working. every now and again wen i turn or go over a bump it just stops working. can sum1 help me..could a cable be loose or is my speaker gone bcuz it also starts distorting

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    #1 i'd check connections first

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    yea i guess so. i cbf pulling off the door panel. i mite end up getting a new head unit and speakers in time bcuz the stock system isnt that good, especially wen u have the top down

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Definatly your connections. I had the same problem also, just a quick fix. BUt then upgraded my speakers anyway haha.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    alrite then. if u no how 2 fix it. mind if i drop past sumtime wif emre n we fix this shit up?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Yeah i dont care. Just warn me before you do so i dont sleep allday.. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    Sik as =d

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Quote Originally Posted by DC5TYPER View Post
    HAHA

Theres alot more to Car Audio then speakers and subs.

You CAN get bass from good set of splits/co-axials if you do it properly.

My first S2000 had top Range Pioneer HU, Dynamat and JBL 2ohm Splits running off deck. This setup had enough bass to fool people thinking I had a sub due to fact these speakers could play 50-70Hz quite good.

If you putt in a Good brand of splits. 6-7inch, Put something like 100W rms into them, chuck in Dynamat Extreme on the door and inner door. Use Dynazorb sheets. You can get an awesome sound without a Sub.

Ill will be doing my system this way. Then ill show the locals what Im talking about.

I have built many systems over the years without subs. In a Cabin as small as an S2000, there's absolutely no reason you can get alot of bass and punch from speakers. Same way when you buy mini Hifi's from sony, panasonic for your home, most have 6 inch mid-bass drivers and 6 inch subs as well.
    can someone confirm... this setup is without an amp and a sub.. ? just the splits wired directly to a headunit and dynamat xtreme door kits in the doors and it will sound good ?

I'm thinking of upgrading mine without the hassles of an amp and sub...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    can someone confirm... this setup is without an amp and a sub.. ? just the splits wired directly to a headunit and dynamat xtreme door kits in the doors and it will sound good ?

I'm thinking of upgrading mine without the hassles of an amp and sub...
    Why would you want to? you'll be limited to little bass produced by speakers. You'll never pull decent bass out of any speakers their magnets are quite small and so will the speaker. You need to "move air" to generate bass. If your not looking for much bass then i'd say do it. But if you think your going to want more bass down the track dont bother and do it right the first time with decent splits + amp + sub. OH and dont forget the headunit wont be powering the speakers as much as an amp would and if you like it loud i highly doubt that it will support anywhere near 90Db it will end up distorting way before that.
    Last edited by F20C; 03-03-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leo2nv View Post
    hey guys.. im thinking of getting a full sound system for the car.. ive heard its a hard car too get really good sound out out off..
    anyone have any set ups or recommendations??

im looking at a budget of $2000
    Ive only got 2 front splits, deck and amp and it shits on most systems.

Get a good amp and quality front splits like AVI's, make sure if your planning to play MP3's make sure that the MP3's are of 320kbps quality. you dont need 50 subs in the boot.