Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_ View Post
    ive got mb quart prem splits, they sound nice and all but they are lacking bass etc

im looking at getting rear speakers done

can you post pics and specs?
    HAHA

Theres alot more to Car Audio then speakers and subs.

You CAN get bass from good set of splits/co-axials if you do it properly.

My first S2000 had top Range Pioneer HU, Dynamat and JBL 2ohm Splits running off deck. This setup had enough bass to fool people thinking I had a sub due to fact these speakers could play 50-70Hz quite good.

If you putt in a Good brand of splits. 6-7inch, Put something like 100W rms into them, chuck in Dynamat Extreme on the door and inner door. Use Dynazorb sheets. You can get an awesome sound without a Sub.

Ill will be doing my system this way. Then ill show the locals what Im talking about.

I have built many systems over the years without subs. In a Cabin as small as an S2000, there's absolutely no reason you can get alot of bass and punch from speakers. Same way when you buy mini Hifi's from sony, panasonic for your home, most have 6 inch mid-bass drivers and 6 inch subs as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    As DC5typeR stated the right components is key.

I have full dynamat and dyna zorb diffuser in my doors, that alone makes the bass from the splits enough to get by without a sub.

I run an Pioneer 6800BT HU, audison Sxr3 amp, powering Oz Audio splits, with the tweeters mounted well into the foot wells, and a 12inch sub in the boot. I had a sub enclosure custom made for the rear well, where the spare used to go, but the roof down deadened the bass heavily.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    Quote Originally Posted by DC5TYPER View Post
    HAHA

Theres alot more to Car Audio then speakers and subs.

You CAN get bass from good set of splits/co-axials if you do it properly.

My first S2000 had top Range Pioneer HU, Dynamat and JBL 2ohm Splits running off deck. This setup had enough bass to fool people thinking I had a sub due to fact these speakers could play 50-70Hz quite good.

If you putt in a Good brand of splits. 6-7inch, Put something like 100W rms into them, chuck in Dynamat Extreme on the door and inner door. Use Dynazorb sheets. You can get an awesome sound without a Sub.

Ill will be doing my system this way. Then ill show the locals what Im talking about.

I have built many systems over the years without subs. In a Cabin as small as an S2000, there's absolutely no reason you can get alot of bass and punch from speakers. Same way when you buy mini Hifi's from sony, panasonic for your home, most have 6 inch mid-bass drivers and 6 inch subs as well.
    correct, i have done exactly the same

Newcomer Array
    But wouldn't u worry about your tweeters??
    If uncle Jack helped you off an elephant, would you help uncle JACK OFF an elephant???

If I'm not back in 5 minutes..............just wait longer

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    tweeters put them on the pillars so they sit abit higher as they wont sound good if they are covered by your leg most of the time

Newcomer Array
    No, LOL, as in wouldn't u worry about bass coming outta ya tweeters??
    If uncle Jack helped you off an elephant, would you help uncle JACK OFF an elephant???

If I'm not back in 5 minutes..............just wait longer

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG
    If you want a sub enclosure in your boot and want to save space at the same time.
    You should get in contact with my mate, he does custom enclosures, here's an example of his work;

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190294378631

At the moment he doesn't have any s2k moulds, but if you want he might be able to make something up.

Located in west syd

Member Array
    Car:
    k24 crx 12.103@111.50mph
    here is my speakers..

um i know its abit bodgy with the spacer but its just a trail fit till i do my complete custom install..

um btw if u dont wanna run a spacer u need to run a smaller speaker as my kickers have big magnets so yea ..

anyways comments are welcome..

12.103@111mph