Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My first Honda (WA)

Been a member on here for a little bit just searchin around, seemed like there was alot of info on here, im on the other local based forums (wahonda).

Own a gen2 EF7 CRX Si.
    has all the Usual mods
    D2 Coilovers
    Strut braces (everywhere)
    Whiteline Swaybar
    B&M sportsshort shifter
    also has the ZC Engine (yer, pretty much the d series )

currently in the owner of tidying car up, been through some owners and car has taken somewhere on it. Bought new aircon set up for it, eventually trying to upgrade back to stock Last owner also stripped out whole stereo gear. So slowly (very slowly as its a lower priority) getting a small stereo in.

Liked crx's for a fair bit (bout 5 years) originally considered buying on off J-Spec but that fell through 2 years ago...

Well thats my story...

Just few pics, as im sure you guys know what a crx looks like

(below) hopefully this will become a little more stock like. Personally dont like the blue.
    Last edited by Cascada; 14-03-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    WOAH!!!

Looks like you did the right thing (in some people's opinions, IMO You did but It feels wrong.../confusion)

I love the seats...Gimme...

I look forward to Progress.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Quote Originally Posted by SHOGUNOVDDRK View Post
    WOAH!!!

Looks like you did the right thing (in some people's opinions, IMO You did but It feels wrong.../confusion)
    thats slightly confusing to say the least
    i just got the car as it is and has blue theme going

I would change the seats to something different in an instant, it just right now it matches the whole blue theme.
    Blue neons inside and outside, blue brakes, blue door trims, blue cluster, blue license plates, blue rocker cover, blue engine bay dress kit, and all the blue painted on the dash.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascada View Post
    Stay around the lounge long enough and you shall discover how fucked I am.

i just got the car as it is and has blue theme going

I would change the seats to something different in an instant, it just right now it matches the whole blue theme.
    Blue neons inside and outside, blue brakes, blue door trims, blue cluster, blue license plates, blue rocker cover, blue engine bay dress kit, and all the blue painted on the dash.
    Well I'm excited for you, These sought of return to stock builds give me wood.

So, Yes.....

Well Start piecing everything together and Do it all @ once and Gimme your seats

*will pay postage
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK4
    Pretty sure I have seen this car around and it's a nice example.

IMO go for the JDM theme. It might be hard to source original parts but man it will look hawt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SiR CRX View Post
    Pretty sure I have seen this car around and it's a nice example.

IMO go for the JDM theme. It might be hard to source original parts but man it will look hawt!!!

haha thanks. im hope it goes to plan, i picked up the aircon unit today going to be a pain putting it in. anyone here want to help

I must be honest im no fan of complete JDM Styling. Im more of a less rice kind of kid. Mods are going to be very slow as currently unemployed.

I think i have done about 3000km in about 6 weeks, driving alot. Cant see why not, its such a fun car to drive

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Welcome!
    Everyone loves an EF CRX.
    What's your opinion on the D2 coilovers?

I must be honest im no fan of complete JDM Styling. Im more of a less rice kind of kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_EG4 View Post
    Welcome!
    Everyone loves an EF CRX.
    What's your opinion on the D2 coilovers?

D2 coillovers are giving a harsh ride, i was used to king springs with standard shocks. this is a big change.

I have lowered the car bout 2inches (illegally low now i know ) and they were very easy to use.

This is the first car i have ever had with coilovers so cant compare them to anything other then the springs, and thats like comparing apples and oranges. I have heard a fair bit about that these coilovers crack, flex, leak - pretty much break...but i have also read about people using these on the track and they performing well (for budget coilovers - which i believe they are). If i had the funds would upgrade to Tien, but funds dont allow.

may as well add some other stuff done to the car.
    Adjustable cam gears
    pod filter
    mugen body kit (minus front bar)
    JDM CRX front bar with front lip (or as ive been told)
    HID Lights
    Whiteline Rear Sway bar
    2.5" catback zorst system
    ....im still finding out stuff on this car...didnt really look into it much as there was only one forsale in my state at the time i bought it.

hey got told i should update this.
    havnt had much chance to do anything new, was more replacing/repairing damage stuff ive found and needed fixing.

Aircon unit (tracking down a replacement for one of these aint easy)

Needed to replace fan vents as after 21 years they broke.
    Likewise for the electric mirror switch
    CV Boots Split - Replaced all 4...lucky no damage to CV Joints

Needed new tyres as others has started to go down to canvas
    Snapped Powersteering and Alternator belt and had to get car towed and replace belts. Also found aircon pulley had no belt on, and that the that it looks like the pulley is damaged.
    Replaced CD Player with one that works, and also tried to find one that actually matched up with the rest of dash, got a Sony One..n
    ot the best but was all funds would allow.

Also decided to keep interior as it is in car, and eventually retrim seats in red and get the door trims, interior back to the normal black/grey.

In process of finding new rims on car, looking for something a bit different. Was thinking some honda fat fives but unsure now.

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    nice start mate, welcome to the forums

Forgot to add, i spent about 3 hours cleaning the old tint stuff off the indicators and tail lights, still need to buff them up a bit more but IMO look alot better then what was originally on it. Also one less thing i can be defected for
    Before:

After:

and here is a random picture i took after i waxed car. lol