Member Array
    Car:
    '01 Civic VTi
    Fisi in Ferrari for the rest of the season

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon

Fisichella to race for Ferrari at Monza, reserve role for 2010

Giancarlo Fisichella will race for Ferrari at the remaining five rounds of 2009 after Force India agreed to release him from his contract on Thursday. Fisichella will replace Ferrari test driver Luca Badoer as stand-in for the injured Felipe Massa, starting at next weekend’s Italian Grand Prix. He will then serve as Ferrari's reserve driver in 2010.
    sauce: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/9/9866.html

OHSHI!
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Member Array
    Car:
    RNN14
    Quote Originally Posted by 1900-hustler View Post
    considering like 2 days ago they were like... no no no its not true...

f**k im beginning to hate F1

motoGP > F1

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    what a little dick humper

he goes to ferrari to be a dip shit reserve than a full time driver with a decent under dog team
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    decent underdog team? Force India are fkn useless they had there first podium last week, you call that decent.

I'd rather fill in for a team which can actually get you back on the map, imagine if he gets a few more podiums, then he'll be more expensive to own next year and you never know ferrari might take him on next year replacing raikonnen (seeing he still is out of contract next year).

If you love the team then i can understand but there is nothing to love about force india no heritage NOTHING. so I rkn good on him, he used to be an awsome driver but had slipped under the radar in the last 2 seasons because of this so called decent team, i have nothing against force india but the facts speak for themselves they are a nub team.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    still, full time driver, at least ur doing something, than being a reserve

although kimi is out of contract.....maybe he will leave and fiza will replace heeem
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9

2010 no pit stop .. what you reckon ?

How is this going to make the sport more interesting ? There are hardly any decent over taking in f1 these days, some circuits are so god damn boring... unless they have hugh long straights rarely do you see f1 overtake. At the moment it seems all the overtaking is done via pit stops, drivers needing to push that extra 20% before a pit stop etc etc. So by taking away pit stops, we're just gonna see the front runner literally driver away. Seriously who the funk is making up these new rules. Am I alone here?
    -------Black CL9 07 ltd edt----------

well tyre management will come into play here...
    it'll be interesting to see what the race strategists come up with in regards to that.. driving style will also play a part...
    i for one am willing to see how it plays out...

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 Civic VTi
    since when is kimi out of contract?? he is contracted to ferrari for 2010...

Member Array
    Car:
    RNN14
    Quote Originally Posted by euro1603 View Post
    How is this going to make the sport more interesting ? There are hardly any decent over taking in f1 these days, some circuits are so god damn boring... unless they have hugh long straights rarely do you see f1 overtake. At the moment it seems all the overtaking is done via pit stops, drivers needing to push that extra 20% before a pit stop etc etc. So by taking away pit stops, we're just gonna see the front runner literally driver away. Seriously who the funk is making up these new rules. Am I alone here?
    pit stops only for tyres... seems a bit stupid seeming as if refueling makes for some exciting racing... but when you think about it... it actually seems alright... perhaps Audi might use its Le Mans experience and make a killer comeback with a diesel powered F1 car... rather then making the petrol tanks bigger but... i reckon they should make like a multiple race format... so that they can have one race finish that race... refuel... then start race two sort of thing... feel sorry for all those people who man the fuel hoses that will most likely become unemployed now

Quote Originally Posted by i_s2_honda View Post
    ... feel sorry for all those people who man the fuel hoses that will most likely become unemployed now
    lols nah most of the pit crews r mechs or engineers... so the guy whos currently manning the fuel rigs will have one less thing to do...

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    lol at mercedes planning to own BRAWN

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78399

Brawn GP's Formula 1 future is poised for a major boost, with Mercedes-Benz close to a deal to take equity in the team.

With the world championship leaders already having secured sponsorship funding for the next few years, as revealed by AUTOSPORT last month, the team's outlook now looks even better following discussions with the German car manufacturer.

Reports first emerged about the plans this morning in The Daily Telegraph, and sources have confirmed to AUTOSPORT that talks are at an advanced stage for the car company to take a shareholding in the team.

It comes on the back of Mercedes-Benz's increased profile as a customer engine supplier over the past season - with the team set to provide power-units to McLaren, Force India, Brawn and, perhaps, Red Bull Racing in 2010.

The move is not, however, an attempt by Mercedes-Benz to move away from its long-standing commitment to partner McLaren - and it is instead believed to be part of the car manufacturer's attempt to increase its presence in F1.