Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Integra turbo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1987 Integra
    yea the integra, yea thats wot i thought, mind u not installed and the parts arnt like massively known ones, then you get a bit more but they say they can make a good turbo kit for $600, yea its got like a year or 2 warranty on it i think, and if they use second hand parts E.G the turbo they check and play in the rotor shaft and all that and rekit if needed
    D16A 87 Integra, with HM extractors and a 2 1/4 inch cat back

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    where is dis shop ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1987 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Fo55il View Post
    where is dis shop ?
    ringwood, i can get the for you if u like? i cant remember the name of the joint though

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra89 View Post
    yea the integra, yea thats wot i thought, mind u not installed and the parts arnt like massively known ones, then you get a bit more but they say they can make a good turbo kit for $600, yea its got like a year or 2 warranty on it i think, and if they use second hand parts E.G the turbo they check and play in the rotor shaft and all that and rekit if needed
    I call shenanigans!

$600 is only $100 more than just buying RC 440CC injectors...........

What could possibly be included in this kit?
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 24-03-2009 at 06:08 PM.
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    thats waht uim curious about

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1987 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    I call shenanigans!

$600 is only $100 more than just buying RC 440CC injectors...........

What could possibly be included in this kit?
    like i said everythng, manifold, intercooler and piping, turbo, oil lines, bov, dump pipe, oil catch can ect. ect. ect...the catch is its no all well known stuff like garret or anything, but for what im looking for i really dont mind about brands

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    What ecu do u plan on running with this 600 buck gear?

600 bucks for an entire "kit"... you can afford to take the risk and still have money left over to repair any mess LOLLL

Jst so you know, an average figure for a low-mid range turbo kit is about 5k
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra89 View Post
    like i said everythng, manifold, intercooler and piping, turbo, oil lines, bov, dump pipe, oil catch can ect. ect. ect...the catch is its no all well known stuff like garret or anything, but for what im looking for i really dont mind about brands
    Honestly, mate!

You’re asking for trouble you don’t want.

There is no way in hell this kit will be any good and more than likely do damage to your motor…

I mean that’s even cheaper than those eBay kits that fall apart just weeks after install.

If you do decide to take the risk make sure you start a thread with the outcome for other to learn what not to do.

Do a search on this site… there are threads of where people who have said “”I’ll take the risk and buy a eBay kit what’s the worst that can happen””

Both ended badly even though everyone tried to warn them not to buy crap…

They ended up changing close to everything before they were happy with there new projects.

Save your cash and buy a known brand kit
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1987 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    Honestly, mate!

You’re asking for trouble you don’t want.

There is no way in hell this kit will be any good and more than likely do damage to your motor…

I mean that’s even cheaper than those eBay kits that fall apart just weeks after install.

If you do decide to take the risk make sure you start a thread with the outcome for other to learn what not to do.

Do a search on this site… there are threads of where people who have said “”I’ll take the risk and buy a eBay kit what’s the worst that can happen””

Both ended badly even though everyone tried to warn them not to buy crap…

They ended up changing close to everything before they were happy with there new projects.

Save your cash and buy a known brand kit
    i do understand what you guys are saying, and im not one to say "whats the worst that could happen" im a mechanic, i know what can happen, but this is just a mess around car, i picked it up for $100, if it blows up then it blows up, then i have somthing to rebuild for a few years in my spare time, and if it doesnt then i got lucky

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    ok thsi is gettin wierd now

so ur a mech ?

n 5k is a bit too much for a mid range kit. luke n i both did it for way less than that.

suss out wat brands they r using, but 600 isnt too bad even if its not that well known. worsse comes to worse. new engine .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1987 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Fo55il View Post
    ok thsi is gettin wierd now

so ur a mech ?

n 5k is a bit too much for a mid range kit. luke n i both did it for way less than that.

suss out wat brands they r using, but 600 isnt too bad even if its not that well known. worsse comes to worse. new engine .
    y is me being a mechanic weird? yea 5k for mid? i wouldnt spend that much on a mid range turbo kit, thats getting to the high end stuff

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    because it doesn't seem like you know what even a cheap turbo conversion would cost.
    IF you got everything for $600.
    it won't even work.
    hahaha.
    okay for the bare essentials for it to work.
    you will need a
    turbo
    manifold
    different dump pipe
    air filter
    piping from turbo to intake
    oil lines
    ecu
    injectors
    vacuum lines, and t pieces.

i'm not adding a intercooler, becuase you can run without one, but it would run like shit.
    i'm not adding a exhaust, becuase you don't have to upgrade, but it would run like shit.
    if you can get all that for $600, and actually make it work.
    by jebus you've yourself a bargain.