Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dyno tuning

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    OK James so what does that $800 include?

My understanding, if it is plug and play, is that it would include a socketed OBD1 ECU (though which one would be compatible for my car, a '96 Accord, i dont know) and an OBD2 to OBD1 conversion harness only? Cos anymore than that wouldn't be plug n play.

The question also is, would this be legal to do on an OBD2 car, since OBD2 should in theory have less emissions than OBD1.

Of course a third party device cant tell the ECU whether to be in open or closed loop, it is in closed loop during certain throttle conditions and open during other throttle conditions.

However during closed loop it would still be possible for an interceptor to modify the MAP signal to give the ECU the signal it wants, yses? I mean if this is not the case, then how are so many XR6-T's, for example (which are supposed to have very compliacted ECU's) being controlled by stupidly simple interceptors like Unichips? I dont know whether this is correct or not, just posing the question and looking for answers

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    The 800$ includes a fully replacement ECU that plugs directly up to your original wiring harness in your case obd2 version A, no wiring harness no nothing, it’s a direct plug into your wiring, no cutting modifying etc plug and play. You fully remove your stock obd2 ECU and replace it with the Hondata ECU.

The programming with regards to emissions / engine is all controlled by Hondata. Hondata has complied with ADR37 /00 which is post 97 obd2 regulations making it more certified than obd2 emissions levels when tuned by authorised tuners so no problems there.

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    I am getting a kit for many reasons.
    1) the kit has proven a million times over to be perfect for a daily driver on a stock bottomend. Perfect fit and boost response on stock civic.
    2) It costs alot less then _I_ could source second hand parts for, and i get alot less troubles that are asociated with second hand turbo parts. New parts would easily cost WAY more.
    3) I get tunable management. Yes its not a hondata, BUT has once again, proven to be very effective for the boost i plan on running.
    4) In the US, ppl daily boost 10-11psi, i am aware of our seonsors limits. hell i can get a GM 3-bar map sent over fromt he US for alot less the a factory sensor and use it with the e-manage boost harness. Regarless, i am running a stock motor, the 'effective' boost limit does not apply in my situation.
    5) I can install everything myself, no labour costs, and i get to learn a whole heep in the meantime. I'm not a showmonky with a fat wallet, i like being involved. Everything the kit includes allows me to do this without the hassle (build time) and worries that i have forgotton something.
    6) I have everything needed to tune the e-manage. This means i have an option of where i take my car to be tuned, if there was a hondata tuner in Sydney i would consider that option alot more (i could flog my e-manage and acc. off for $900+).

So they are basically my reasons to go for a kit.
    I am still interested in honda/ecu chipping though, but what are my options with boost. DO i need a 'boost' enabled hondata - which start at something like 1000+, or can i just use it for A/F, ingnition, injectors through the base 200b unit?
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    BB2
    Furthermore to Weq's statement - I've heard that there aren't unfortunately any tuners in Sydnet for Hondata, but I and a few others are interested in purchase - what are the possibilities of a tuner coming from another state? ie vic? for a bulk tune day?

-az

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    James (BLKCRX) tunes Hondata ECUs and he is willing to tune interstate if you pay for his flight or something similar. contact him aaron!

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Mo it kinda isnt the point. Paying that much for a tune isnt worth it the trouble, esp when thier are other solutions out thier.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    Mo it kinda isnt the point. Paying that much for a tune isnt worth it the trouble, esp when thier are other solutions out thier.
    how much would you pay for a tune? i remember talking to james and he said he will tune for free if u paid for his flight and im sure flights up and down from melb are cheap!!

how much would you pay for a tune?
    Tuning is not always a one-off job. Some cars go through numerous tuning sessions before maximum power is gained.

A decent tune these days can cost up to $200, depending on how much the workshop charges per hour or whether they tune for a lump sum or not.

That's why I stuck with Microtech......any rotor tuner can tune it. Plus with updates/development you need to retune......f*ck flying a tuner around the country.

Besides I have the best Honda tuner in the country tuning mine 8)

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    allmtr hook a brother up

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    We have 2 tuners in syd and 1 tuner in qld being launched next month, so that will solve the tuning problems. I travel interstate every 2 or 3 weeks to Sydney and always offer free tuning if car's need to be tuned, as I love working on Honda’s.

Currently we have around 10 clients in syd and 5 clients in qld who are very happy with there car's and units, mainly race track car’s and daily drivers.

Flying tuners around Aust is't that expensive anyway I had one customer who had a large race on and wanted a tune and wanted me to tune his car, he said the tickets are at the airport waiting for you... some people pay for quality simple. But 99% of people just wait for me to go interstate which is every few weeks, normally doesn’t cause a problem for anyone. But after next month that will all change, iv been very busy teaching workshops interstate the system over the last month and yeah with the release of the new tuneable DC5 ECU”S early 2004 its all going to kick off nicely.
    I’m going to syd and qld again on the 1st week of December to install more units.
    And I also have a very large project of a customer spending 70,000 on a turbo conversion, its going to be a WILD car !!

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Well thats good to hear, then the workshops are up and running give us a buzz and let us know..