Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    The FITV is part of the IACV,so if you are replacing it,you need the IACV,which has the FITV on it

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    The FITV is part of the IACV,so if you are replacing it,you need the IACV,which has the FITV on it
    What ? The FITV and IACV are seperate parts , linked by one coolant hose. They are to be adjusted / replaced / cleaned individually or together.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    OK,I see where my confusion lies.I was thinking the whole part is the IACV and the FITV is part of the IACV.But the whole part has both of them on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR
    can i confirm that on the GLi d16 engine that there is a FITV? I remember how long it it took to discover on the d16 there isnt what everyone refers to as the IACV but the RACV. i assume serving the same purpose but located differently to the b series.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yes,just like in the DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    Quote Originally Posted by ceeazian View Post
    can i confirm that on the GLi d16 engine that there is a FITV? I remember how long it it took to discover on the d16 there isnt what everyone refers to as the IACV but the RACV. i assume serving the same purpose but located differently to the b series.

the d16y4 one is completely different to all other ones i've seen...

the d16y8 and y1 can be fixed most of the time... the y4 is just a pos set up lol

Quote Originally Posted by ceeazian View Post

as previously stated - the gli has the FITV located directly under the throttle body.....like most D and B series engines

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by [ricer] View Post
    the d16y4 one is completely different to all other ones i've seen...

the d16y8 and y1 can be fixed most of the time... the y4 is just a pos set up lol
    Yeah,totally Ricer

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    as previously stated - the gli has the FITV located directly under the throttle body.....like most D and B series engines
    are you 100% sure?

the y4 has like the iacv at the bottom where as the others have the iacv at the back... no sign of the fitv... thats the one where you can disassemble and wind back in and should fix the problem right?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    The FITV is on the the IACV part facing the front of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by [ricer] View Post
    are you 100% sure?

the y4 has like the iacv at the bottom where as the others have the iacv at the back... no sign of the fitv... thats the one where you can disassemble and wind back in and should fix the problem right?
    The EG4 gli has a FITV located on the bottom of the throttle body, with a IACV located on the back of the inlet manifold.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    The EG4 gli has a FITV located on the bottom of the throttle body, with a IACV located on the back of the inlet manifold.
    yup same as the d16y1 and y8 motors...

the EK gli's d16y4 is completely different.