Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003

Starting up problem >_<

Hey guys, i have a 2003 euro auto lux, and recently a few times this has happened, i go to start the car and it doesnt start properly, things just start flashing on the dashboard and it goes on and on then sometimes it finally starts if i hold the key in long enough and sometimes it doesnt... this happens mostly on cold starts but even sometimes when i've been driving throughout the day... the car has done about 120,xxx km's... any idea guys?? its due for a service soon too..
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Have U got an alarm/immobiliser?

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2
    Hey all
    ive got an 03 manual and on occassion, it will take a lil while to start, that is, with the key turned for a good 3 seconds and on other occasions it will start straight away but not smoothly, sort of coughs and starts, other times its fine.

completely random though, cold starts, warm, just happens from time to time?
    mine is around 120K as well, serviced 3k km ago
    any thoughts would be great

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Hi Tarquin,could you start a new thread,that way we don't get all confused

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by johnprocter View Post
    Hey guys, i have a 2003 euro auto lux, and recently a few times this has happened, i go to start the car and it doesnt start properly, things just start flashing on the dashboard and it goes on and on then sometimes it finally starts if i hold the key in long enough and sometimes it doesnt... this happens mostly on cold starts but even sometimes when i've been driving throughout the day... the car has done about 120,xxx km's... any idea guys?? its due for a service soon too..
    Does the same thing happen when you use the 2nd key to the vehicle ?

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    How often you drive the car?
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquin View Post
    hey all
    ive got an 03 manual and on occassion, it will take a lil while to start, that is, with the key turned for a good 3 seconds and on other occasions it will start straight away but not smoothly, sort of coughs and starts, other times its fine.

Completely random though, cold starts, warm, just happens from time to time?
    Mine is around 120k as well, serviced 3k km ago
    any thoughts would be great
    exactly the same problem!!!
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Battery?Get it tested at any battery reseller.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Have U got an alarm/immobiliser?
    just the stock one man

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    How often you drive the car?
    very often, few times a day every day

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Cool.I would checked the battery like Tony said,I've found on here,to my suprise it can cause this.I have a battery charger at home,they are cheap and worth having.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    Ok i'll give that a go i'll take it to my local battery shop tomorrow yay for no uni on mondays !