Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/st...E21822,00.html

interesting review, if we knew the project leader was here in Aus, i guess most of you would have gone to pay him out and tell him his car wasn't good enough?

there was another review in last sundays telegraph as well

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    thats funny...
    honda wants to move away from the racing scene but says a sports car boom is coming...=S

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by Catcha
    I see japananese do up type r with aftermarekt turbos ???? why ? its still a FWD.....
    dumbest thing i heard all day....um week, nah make it all year
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Integra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by Catcha
    Why are we talking modified??? so if the type R didn't have the cai, exhaust and hondata ecu on the straight. It can't take on a Stock Rex ????
    Who races in mountains ? what blue mountains ??????
    I race at the Drags and tracks back then. Call responsible racing
    So you saying it cost more to do the same mods to the Type R than a WRX, probably be the same, the money people save buying a WRX Vs a Type R would be est 13g on WRX mods will eat most cars except a EVO. really silly to compare apples to oranges but if you want we can go on all day. At the end of the day its who has the fattest income to support the mods and make it go fast.
    as i said, the same amount of money spent on a rex will make it faster than a type r. all i was saying was that u were wrong in your comment which was... "...it ain't going to be a WRX eater...however much you spend on it..................."

now THAT is wrong. and u can't dispute it.

also, "the mountains" is an analogy for twisty turns, as you would find on "the track".
    Last edited by sangsational; 01-11-2004 at 05:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    WRX's are over rated to the shithouse to put it quite frankly, rolling start i have killed over 10 in a straight line, add some corners into this and wrx will be nowhere to be seen. My DC5R is completely stock and i have beaten 180sx turbo's, s13 silvias both SR20DET and RB20T, numerous V8 commodores from VP-VX models (VT V8 ute this morning on the way to work) R32 Golf, r32 and r33 GTS-T's and the list goes on.

Catcha If you think a wrx will beat a DC5R then i would love to pull up next to you rolling start or give you a run around a track. We would see how good your WRX is then.

No doubt everyone will call bullshit but these are just a few of the cars that their owners have had the smile wiped off there face when they see the tail lights of my R

EDIT : fixed spelling
    Last edited by CivicOnBoost; 05-11-2004 at 10:54 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Oh and on the topic of the new type s, i got my dc5r serviced yesterday and checked out the type s while i was at Gold Coast Honda.

I like the head unit and the 17" rims and think they would look good on my R but other than that i would much rather keep my Type R.

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicOnBoost
    WRX's are over rated to the shithouse to put it quite frankly, rolling start i have killed over 10 in a straight line, add some corners into this and wrx will be nowhere to be seen. My DC5R is completely stock and i have beaten 180sx turbo's, s13 silvias both SR20DET and RB20T, numerous V8 commodores from VP-VX models (VT V8 ute this morning on the way to work) R32 Golf, r32 and r33 GTS-T's and the list goes on.

Catcha If you think a wrx will beat a DC5R then i would love to pull up next to you rolling start or give you a run around a track. We would see how good your WRX is then.

No doubt everyone will call bullshit but these are just a few of the cars that their owners have had the smile wiped off there face when they see the tail lights of my R

thats confidence for you
    arrowz
    SiR

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[CRX]
    dumbest thing i heard all day....um week, nah make it all year
    Sad but true
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2

hahahahahaha stop dreaming, it must be the HSC has just finish.

LOl get your hand off it civiconboost.Your just embarrasing your fellow honda owners.You cant count racing past parked cars in your fully sic red civic as beating anyone

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Integra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaslayer
    LOl get your hand off it civiconboost.Your just embarrasing your fellow honda owners.You cant count racing past parked cars in your fully sic red civic as beating anyone
    id have to agree with them tony. most of those kills, the other driver im sure wasn't trying. dc5r is not a rocketship. u could probably beat most of those cars on the twisties, but no way in a straight line. v8 would destroy dc5r with a rolling start.

i had a run with my friend's brother's xr6 turbo and i got 3 car lengths on him off the start but he ate that away in a matter of second. then a v8 commodore screamed right up his ass out of nowhere.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Lol get my hand off it umm ok then ........ Considering i have owned two current model integra type R's and beat the majority of those cars in both of my integras i am dreaming. **** you ppl make me laugh.

Oh and by the way i killed an Evo 8 rolling start from 50kph to 140kph but that would be bullshit too.... All of the cars i have mentioned have been in basically stock form (with the exception of maybe exhaust and front mount on some of the turbo cars)

Think about it, a wrx is only 0.5secs quicker down the quarter than a dc5r purely beacuse of the 4wd advantage off the line!

Sang call bs all you like but have a chat to Mike with the NSX about our little run up to natural arch. Also look at dave's quarter time of 14.5 with just engine mounts and intake, doesn't that say something????

DC5R have the worst first gear for racing its just so hard to launch (although dial the revs up to about 5000rpm and feather the clutch out its not to bad), rolling start at 6000rpm 2nd gear and you would be surprised what you can chop.

Anyway everyone on here knows best because they all own DC5R integras and must know better than me